banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo Reverb + Ping Pong delay with tap tempo in a single pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Reverb + Ping Pong delay with tap tempo in a single pedal?

It should be true stereo, meaning for example reverb repeats are "distributed" among the two outputs for a wider stereo spread, ping pong delay with tap tempo also for wider stereo effect and convenience to change the tempo on the fly.

For example I already discarded the Avalanch Runs (dual mono), same fore the Keeley Delay Workstation (it is wet/dry), Keely Caverns (mono, no tap tempo).

How about the Line6 M5? Is it true stereo? Can it run both Reverb and Delay at the same time? I don't like its size.

Maybe I should just buy two good pedals like HOF and DD7 but I really like the concept of 2 in 1, saves money and pedal board real state.
    Last edited by IMENATOR; 10-31-2018, 01:03 AM.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Stereo Reverb + Ping Pong delay with tap tempo in a single pedal?

Mooer Ocean machine.....
    Remember to use two guitars....for "true stereo"...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
      Mooer Ocean machine.....
      Remember to use two guitars....for "true stereo"...
      You mean to guitar amps?
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

just the expression true stereo....when the signals origin is most defently mono...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
          just the expression true stereo....when the signals origin is most defently mono...
          My source signal will be a stereo analog chorus
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            My source signal will be a stereo analog chorus
            Your true source signal will be a true mono guitar input before that, no?

Comment

I think the M5 is true stereo. So is the new HX Effects.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                Your true source signal will be a true mono guitar input before that, no?
                Guitar -> AMT SS-20 preamp ->

-> Stereo Chorus -> (L) Stereo Reverb + Delay -> (L) Stereo Power Amp -> Guitar Cabinet 1
                _______________ -> (R) Stereo Reverb + Delay -> (R) Stereo Power Amp -> Guitar Cabinet 2

Edit: Every -> means a 1/4 in plug, I hope that is clear. My goal is to try to project a sense of space to the audience.
                Last edited by IMENATOR; 10-31-2018, 09:26 AM.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

I dont think there are many out there in a small footprint. There was the boss delay/reverb pedal but not that feature rich i think to allow tap tempo delay in delay+reverb mode. You could consider a zoom G3 v.2. I think Nux might be making one in their lineup but cant say for sure.

Comment

@IMENATOR, Vasshu is yanking your chain, and it worked... Although he has a point.

But yes, the Ocean Machine is worth a look.

Comment

Earthquaker Avalanche Run.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think the new EHX Grand Canyon can do it, but I'm not positive about it.

Edit: Sorry, false alarm. I just checked and it only has a mono input. What pedal was I looking at recently that had L/R inputs?

Another edit: I still can't remember what new pedal I was looking at that had stereo inputs, but I have a Boss VF-1 in pristine condition that will do it for sure. PM me if you wanna buy it.

Third Edit: I take that back, the VF-1 doesn't have a Ping Pong type. It can do all sorts of delay weirdness, but I'm not sure it does the basic ping pong.
                        Last edited by Rich_S; 11-03-2018, 07:27 PM.
                        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

If it was me I would probably just get a TC Flashback and Hall of Fame, they are pretty small pedals and most 2 for 1 pedals with individual switches and control will take up as much real estate as the 2 TC pedals.

Comment

Doesn’t the Zoom multi effects have stereo in and out? MS-70CDR. Goes for about $100.
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              Earthquaker Avalanche Run.
                              Not stereo, just dual mono.
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X