What next for Boss Waza series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What next for Boss Waza series?

So, everybody who has bought a DC-2w, I came across $340 and I think that's a sign to buy one of those baddies. Is it worth it? Give me a breakdown.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I haven't got it yet, but I have the original, and unless this fails to do the same thing, you absolutely need one in your life (especially if you think you don't like chorus).

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]93658[/ATTACH]
        Originally posted by devastone View Post
        LPB, your sarcasm is appreciated!

I know I seem cynical about the Wazas in an old man "get off my yard" kinda way, but I do like the clips of the DC-2w I've heard, and if I go back to pedals I could definitely see one on my board.
        They did do a Waza tuner, so they could slap a blue LED here and double the price.

Comment

Supposedly better buffer circuitry and it has a TB output.

"Pure, uncolored signal transfer is essential for a tuner, and the TU-3W features redesigned circuitry with selectable buffered or true-bypass operation and the most transparent audio pass-through possible."

Comment

The switchable bypass should really be a standard on all the wazas, along with the upgraded buffers and mode selections.

Comment

Seeming the trend is to get popular pedals that are discontinued or are usually modded it would be interesting if they didn't do that but seeming they probably will I'd say a DS-1, maybe a HM-2, maybe a BF-2 (one of my favourite flangers so that would be awesome), FZ-2 would kill the value of mine (not that I'd sell it anyway), a PH-2 or PH-1r would be really cool, maybe a DD-3.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

I think a digital delay has to happen. The question is what could they add to a dd2 or dd3 that is not on a dd7 and feels unique enough.

Comment

Perhaps the SP-1 Spectrum?

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They just did a re-release of the Spectrum in the outrageously priced anniversary box set.

BOX-40: Compact Pedal 40th Anniversary Box Set - Limited Edition Reissues of the Original Three BOSS Compact Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                      I think a digital delay has to happen. The question is what could they add to a dd2 or dd3 that is not on a dd7 and feels unique enough.
                      Maybe the Analogman high cut mod? The reason I love the DD-2 & MIJ DD-3 is because they're not brittle bright like the new DD-3, DD-5 and similar recent Boss digital delays. I A/B'd my DD-2 against a DM-2W the other day and walked away liking the DD-2 more. The DM-2W was really smooth, but it was a bit too smeared for my taste. The lo-fi converters in the DD-2 shave off just enough high to tame the ice pick while still retaining clarity and the percussive feel.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                        Maybe the Analogman high cut mod? The reason I love the DD-2 & MIJ DD-3 is because they're not brittle bright like the new DD-3, DD-5 and similar recent Boss digital delays. I A/B'd my DD-2 against a DM-2W the other day and walked away liking the DD-2 more. The DM-2W was really smooth, but it was a bit too smeared for my taste. The lo-fi converters in the DD-2 shave off just enough high to tame the ice pick while still retaining clarity and the percussive feel.
                        That’s a good idea. It’s a simple mod but it does make a difference.

Comment

Ah HF-2.....

Comment

I'd like to see an OD1 or OD3, and PH1.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                              I'd like to see an OD1 or OD3, and PH1.
                              OD-1 and PH-1 in the same $900 box! https://www.boss.info/us/products/box-40/

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                                OD-1 and PH-1 in the same $900 box! https://www.boss.info/us/products/box-40/
                                What a great deal.

I may get them modded by Analog Man with the extra money.

Comment

Working...
                                X