DC-2w Waza Dimension Chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC-2w Waza Dimension Chorus

Yeah, it isn't really a doubler, although it is closer to that than a regular chorus. It is 3D-like certainly.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Spatial machine, creating big spaces...run it in stereo and it will show you a wider signal....it is great for making those big wide guitar soundscapes....
      The Dimension D is a classic...the Dimension C is cool for guitar...the name is pretty apt too
      ....the first really shines in studio recordings...just google it..

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        Spatial machine, creating big spaces...run it in stereo and it will show you a wider signal....it is great for making those big wide guitar soundscapes....
        The Dimension D is a classic...the Dimension C is cool for guitar...the name is pretty apt too
        ....the first really shines in studio recordings...just google it..
        Wow that is cool. Love that old Roland rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          Woah, woah, woah, woah...

You guys (edit: except for Little Pigbacon) are confused. The Boss DC-2 Dimension C (and its Waza Craft reissue) is NOT pink. It is lavender. It's also the best not-a-chorus I've ever played. Boss did actually make a pink chorus pedal, the DC-3 Digital Dimension. It had four twisty knobs instead of the DC-2's four chrome radio buttons. The DC-3 was one of the worst choruses I ever played, with digital artifacts out the wazoo (not to be confused with the Waza).

Chistopher's post made me think Boss has reissued the horrible pink pedal and I had not heard about it, but it seems he's simply color-blind and the Waza blessings have been bestowed only where they belong, on the DC-2.

BTW, Behringer makes a convincing and very affordable clone of the Dimension C. I have an older plastic version that I have A/Bed against a real DC-2 and the cheapo comes close. Behringer has now updated the pedal under the TC moniker and put it in a rectangular metal box. If you want to find out if the Dimension sound is right for you, it's a cheap way to experiment before springing for the real deal.
          What is the name of that TC pedal?. I have a Mojo Mojo OD from that inexpensive series and it is pretty cool.
          Al

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
            What is the name of that TC pedal?. I have a Mojo Mojo OD from that inexpensive series and it is pretty cool.
            Al
            I saw the Behringer CC300 that is supposed to be a clone. It gets mostly positive reviews.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Fractal has a really good Dimension model. I use it often.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
                Al
                It's the 3rd Dimension. Can't get it through Amazon, but GC/MF has it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I have the 3rd dimension, and have compared it to the original DC-2 (the DC-2w is not yet available in Norway). Settings 1, 3 and 4 were close enough for rock n' roll in my book, whereas setting 2 left a lot to be desired. This, however, was when the pedal was used in front. In the loop? Forget it. Note that my JVM205C has a parallel loop that doesn't really allow for a completely wet signal. I don't know if the pedal is digital, but if so, there might be that there were some phase cancellation issues that made the whole thing unusable. It is, in any case, a cheap ersatz product at best, and based on my experiences I cannot recommend it to anybody who would put it in the loop.
                  Last edited by Sirion; 11-05-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                    I have the 3rd dimension, and have compared it to the original DC-2 (the DC-2w is not yet available in Norway). Settings 1, 3 and 4 were close enough for rock n' roll in my book, whereas setting 2 left a lot to be wanted. This, however, was when the pedal was used in front. In the loop? Forget it. Note that my JVM205C has a parallel loop that doesn't really allow for a completely wet signal. I don't know if the pedal is digital, but if so, there might be that there were some phase cancellation issues that made the whole thing unusable. It is, in any case, a cheap ersatz product at best, and based on my experiences I cannot recommend it to anybody who would put it in the loop.
                    Even a series loop?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    -Greg

Guitars:
                    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

TC claims it is all-analogue, and unless they are lying, then yes.

Comment

...it is mono....TC-inger

Comment

Working...
                        X