Devi Ever - Brand Names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devi Ever - Brand Names?

So there was: Devi Ever, Effector 13 , Fuzz Goddess, and... I feel like I've forgotten at least one name her pedals were marketed with. Does anyone remember? Believe it was either immediately before or after Effector 13 .

...Or just make a giant messy thread about whichever controversy you select, or the fact that she has quit making pedals (yet again.)
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Devi Ever - Brand Names?

I don't know what the other one was, but I have one of her Shogazer fuzzes and it's awesome
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Devi Ever - Brand Names?

Soda Meiser? It’s like a Muff.

Edit: NM just understood you meant brand went you asked for brand... Ooh La La?
      Last edited by Blille; 11-02-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I have a Soda Meiser in my Rocket- def. better than a Muff but still not my daily sort of pedal. I really want a Torn's Peaker, which is half of a Shoegazer- seems like a really dynamic, crunchy/defined fuzz from the samples.

Wasn't Ooh La La, but thanks for reminding me of the brief period they produced Effector 13 . Not thinking Dwarfcraft either- I have a US fuzz from the Dwarfcraft period that's pretty cool though.
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Devi Ever - Brand Names?

You mean “model names,” not brand names. Devi Ever is the brand.

Here’s one I used to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope - I mean brand names pertaining to Devi Ever as a person.

She's marketed her products under: Devi Ever, Fuzz Goddess, Effector 13 and ____ . She's a very sketchy person apparently so she re-starts the venture periodically and tends to use different names for legal/reputational reasons. Last time, she sold her name to Dwarfcraft and had to wrangle it back by some means for her final venture. Below are a couple Soda Meisers - Devi Ever vs. Effector 13 .

Last edited by Silence Kid; 11-03-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
              Nope - I mean brand names pertaining to Devi Ever as a person.

She's marketed her products under: Devi Ever, Fuzz Goddess, Effector 13 and ____ . She's a very sketchy person apparently so she re-starts the venture periodically and tends to use different names for legal/reputational reasons. Last time, she sold her name to Dwarfcraft and had to wrangle it back by some means for her final venture. Below are a couple Soda Meisers - Devi Ever vs. Effector 13
              No, she uses “Devi Ever : FX.” Fuzz Goddess was her old website and her Twitter handle. She was Effector 13 back in 2005 when she was calling herself “Ever Was.” There’s been times when she had other people building her stuff under license.

So look at Leo Fender... he was Fender Radio Service, K&F Manufacturing Corporation, Fender Musical Instruments, CLF Research/Musitek, Inc./Music Man, and G&L.

People change companies. Companies come and go. Especially one person companies.

I used to be friends with Devi. She’s not sketchy. Running a small business is hard work. There are often starts and stops and personal life gets in the way.

Comment

Didn't mean to offend and thanks for chiming in as a person with first-hand knowledge. From her latest Twitter/Facebook postings she admits to having personal issues, with a resulting lack of stability in her businesses that wouldn't exist otherwise - and results that do come across as 'sketchiness.' I had personal difficulties that resulted in implications to my business & social life (although not as far reaching as Devi's) which I would not hesitate to call 'sketchy' either, whether or not I meant well or whatever. Obviously I like her products and at her best she comes across as a talented, clever, creative individual - So from me at least, it comes from a good place. I hope she sorts it out and I'm dismayed at not being able to buy new pedals from her.

Basically my question is- At various times her pedals did not say 'Devi Ever' on them. Once they said "Effector 13 ," another time they said "Fuzz Goddess" alone, and I am *pretty* sure there was at least one other. I'm trying to remember that other.

Below is a 'Fuzz Goddess' - Nowhere on that pedal does it say 'Devi Ever,' and I believe at the same time as this Dwarfcraft still produced pedals under her name. Whether you call that a brand/model name whatever- that's what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Silence Kid; 11-04-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

"Grace Lynn". Yeah, not "sketchy" at all ...

Comment

Working...
                  X