Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried a bunch of OD pedals today.

Originally posted by Francois View Post
    The Soul Food is for a while on my want list.

How is the SD 805 different from the classic TS-808 / TS9, apart from the 3 knobs tone shaping ? It uses a different chip...

Anyone has tried the Providence Stampede OD ?
    From what I can tell the three way eq is the big selling point. I’ve compared mine to my Ibanez TS5 Tube screamer and as far as I can tell, the SD pedal has more range to the gain, I think you get more gain at the high end than the TS, but the three tone EQ is a more useful feature. A better pedal than my TS5 by far.

Comment

How is the SD 805 different from the classic TS-808 / TS9, apart from the 3 knobs tone shaping ? It uses a different chip...

I know this is the Duncan forum but checkout the Wampler Clarksdale as well. My understanding is the Clarksdale uses the traditional TS style tone control for treble where the 805 turns it into more of a treble filter.

I’ve got a Free the Tone SOV which is the next version of the Stampede. Very nice progression of the TS circuit with more bass, a little less midrange, wider gain range and more boost.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It has more gain range than TS pedals, both on the low end and high end. Of course, you get 3 band *active* EQ, too- and that solves the 'too many mids' & 'missing bass' issues with TS pedals.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X