EHX switch repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EHX switch repair

I've had issues with EHX 3PDT switches in the past, as well as some of the MXR switches. Be very careful when de-soldering the switch leads from the PCB, the circuit pads do have a tendency to lift off of the PCB if too much heat is applied for too long....

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
      I've had issues with EHX 3PDT switches in the past, as well as some of the MXR switches. Be very careful when de-soldering the switch leads from the PCB, the circuit pads do have a tendency to lift off of the PCB if too much heat is applied for too long....
      I had an issue with the switch in an Earthquaker Devices pedal right out of the box. I wouldn't be surprised if all the big pedal manufacturers source the same foot switches from China.

I have a decent supply of stomp switches that I got for cheap. Most have a medium blue colored plastic case. When I ordered parts for my klone pedal build I added an Alpha branded switch figuring it may be somewhat better quality than the cheap no-names I had in stock. Go figure that it's the Alpha in the klone that's on it's way out.

Comment

Alpha switches are nothing special....

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
          Alpha switches are nothing special....
          Waste of 5 bucks in my case.

Comment

I have one on my EHX I'm going to replace. I have an intermittent problem where sometimes my B9 pedal doesn't switch from bypass to engaged. I sent it back to EHX and they could not replicate the issue despite me being able to replicate the issue the instant it was returned.

The real issue for your pedal is EHX, Alpha, Stew Mac's. Parts Express 3PDT 9 pole Guitar Pedal switches are all the same switch made by the same contract mfg in China -no matter what it's called it's the go to for true bypass.

There aren't a lot of great options that I can find if I wanted to upgrade it. -Just do a good job replacing it with the OEM part.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Thanks for posting this, by the way. It served as motivation for me to replace my switch this afternoon. Good as new.

Comment

Working...
              X