Best Double-Tracking Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Double-Tracking Pedal

There is a TC Mimiq clip in here that was the first I heard of it...

I'd look no further.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      That thing is perfect for multi-tracks in one shot,,,, or at a great live jam tool.
      Were you the one saying it loses just a small bit of punch when shifting from effect off to on?

Was that soundcloud recorded running the pedal mono to a single amp/cab?
      If so then I can only imagine how it does in stereo.
      Scrolling through I think it sounds it's best when on only two tracks.
      Yeah it definitely replicates the sound of double/triple/quad tracked guitars & does so very convincingly.

That was with it in stereo into two amps..so probably the most it can do, though I'm not exactly a recording guru, so there's that

It's was recorded with an analog speaker sim pedal on one track (chinese "Little Bear" I bought for $15-20) & a Mooer Radar IR on the other track...no cabs..those would sound better.

I was'nt the one who said that, but yeah..it does sound marginally "flatter" & there's also a slight volume drop/variation between the original & cloned tracks..but it's nothing drastic & I've found that a boost pedal before the Mimic or on the output (cloned signal) makes that difference pretty much negligible..

I'm the only guitar player in my band and it's made a huge difference at our gigs. Sounds absolutely massive through 2 amps/cabs onstage

Yeah, it is at it's best on the 2 track setting. Although 4 tracks is instant BOLT THROWER
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

For recording I just track the guitar twice, often with a different amp plugin. It sounds better than using a doubler. I’ve even learned guitar solos I played and double tracked them. Sounds huge!

For a pedal the TC Mimiq sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, these days for recording, there are tons of plug-ins that have way more parameters than a pedal and sound loads better. I don't use them for guitar (I do that manually by playing it twice), they sound great for backing vocals.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
            For recording I just track the guitar twice, often with a different amp plugin. It sounds better than using a doubler. I’ve even learned guitar solos I played and double tracked them. Sounds huge!
            I used to do that a lot : copy paste one guitar take to one or two track in the DAW, pan them and have different amp simulation on each.

Later I decided to replace Guitar-Rig by real amps (Marshalls) keeping the guitar takes I already recorded. I used a Palmer Re-Amp box that gives your computer output the high impedance of a guitar and fed it into the Marshall JCM900.

So you can turn one single take into several using that Re-amp box.

You can keep the identity of the guitar sound and make it sound huge, by dialing a similar tone on two pedals with a different circuitry (for me it is a TS808 at half past noon and a MXR GT-OD at halp past eleven). And then you may record two takes directly from the amp (preferably I would say)... but you can also do this with the tightness of a single take by pluging the guitar in the DAW and re-amping the dry signal twice, each time with a different OD. I hope my english is not confusing.
            Last edited by Francois; 11-26-2018, 05:33 AM.
            Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post
              I used to do that a lot : copy paste one guitar take to one or two track in the DAW, pan them and have different amp simulation on each.
              That’s not what I do at all. That’s the same performance twice. What’s the point?

I play the part twice, usually though a different sounding amp/plugin. This brings the randomness of two performances.

I’ve even done this with guitar solos, learning the improvised solo, and playing it a second time on another track.

The only time I copy/past parts is for arranging, like if we want to add another verse or something. But then I’ll track the bass all the way though.

Here’s an example; there’s two guitars tracked through the song, each sounding different, and the solo was double tracked by recording it twice. Gives it a nice fat sound.

No amps (or acoustic drums) were used on this recording.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
                Mincer has it again - 'Cheesy & '80s' are probably what I am looking for. The harmonizer doesn't sound totally inaccurate. Looks cheap too?
                A harmonizer is exactly what you need.

Try an Eventide with a minimum of cents off (.999 for example).

Totally 80's, too.

I don't think many here on the forum have tried an Eventide; I use a PitchFactor and DAW plugins.

Comment

for the dual lead sound live go harmonizer

for live double-tracked riffing go tc mimiq

for the best recordings go real multiple tracks

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                    Try an Eventide with a minimum of cents off
                    This is the solution used by EVH on the first Van Halen album !
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

There's a setting on some multi-effects processors when using the stereo line outs that sometimes sound awesome. They usually have "wide" in the name of the effect on zoom processors.

I really like this one on headphones (not the remix). The two separate guitar tracks hard panned left and right but possibly another overdubbed at times..........not sure though since one side or the other stops whenever a cool fill comes in.

Last edited by Howlermonkey; 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

The Keeley 30ms doubler has a mode where it uses delay plus detune with stereo outs.
                        Haven't tried it myself but I bet detune would help accentuate the separation.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          A harmonizer is exactly what you need.

Try an Eventide with a minimum of cents off (.999 for example).

Totally 80's, too.

I don't think many here on the forum have tried an Eventide; I use a PitchFactor and DAW plugins.
                          Appreciate the continued input here; after listening to a few, I'm starting to wonder if the tones I'm thinking of might have been created using a harmonized initially rather than any double-tracking.
                          Originally posted by King Buzzo
                          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Keely 30ms pedal.

Have this pedal and really like it.

A demo of the Keeley 30 ms Double Tracker pedalhttp://vintageking.com/keeley-30ms-automatic-double-trackerCheck out "Clean To Scream" by Pete Thorn: https://...

https://robertkeeley.com/tag/30ms/https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=keeley+30+ms+double+tracker&_aid=kingmanDouble tracking guitar, vocals, keyboards or a...
                            That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                            And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
                            X