It has presents for bass amp
    Built in sonic maximizer

Sweet set up runs about 600 new
    Grab a set of powered desk monitors or large PA speakers

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied
    Re: From power stage to recording optimal $$ to get quality recordings

If you already have a small tube amp with FX loop just connect SEND to your audio interface line level input, maybe a tubscreamer infront if you need more gain. Your recorded signal can be complemented with a free power amp plugin by Ignite amps, also you can get some free IR cabs. Or just get an SM57 and make some DIY acoustic panels and record old school at home, if you can crank the volume of that small tube amp.

Leave a comment:

• B00B-screamer
    replied

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
    I've heard quality recordings from very basic equipment & ****ty ones from high end studio's. It's the familiarity with your equipmet & knack for recording (recording skills) that counts more than anything else.

This coming from someone who went from recording with a chinese loop pedal & handheld recorder to a standalone multi-track studio-in-a-box to a decent computer interface/DAW with NO significant increase in recording quality

Cheap Loop pedal:

Nah my boat too I started with a line 6 pod and y cable
    I found a h&k black spirit 200 for 725$ new so with 13 cab sims and redbox out it should be fine if not I’ll use software irs. Could you help me with my weak link I have a m audio 2x2m yet no pc to record with. Was thinking aside from no pc if I got an I Mac that my audio interface would be the weakest hardware. I am no studio engineer and I have cubase and pro tools both I am total novice at so I think my gear outweighs my recording engineering skills

Handheld digital recorder:

Standalone digital recorder:

Interface/DAW:

Pretty much the same thing right through ...in fact it gets worse
    Just bought a black spirit 200 for 725 new. 12 cabsims and clean redbox DI out. My interface is m audio 2x2m which may be weak link I’m novice at cubase sonar and pro tools I have them all and no pc. I was gonna get an I Mac can you offer suggestions on a good recording of it Mac that isn’t expensive. I don’t care Mac or pc I just want it to be good enough speed wise and not die from blue screen like the rest. What’s my weakness aside from barely knowing any daw?

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

I've heard quality recordings from very basic equipment & ****ty ones from high end studio's. It's the familiarity with your equipmet & knack for recording (recording skills) that counts more than anything else.

This coming from someone who went from recording with a chinese loop pedal & handheld recorder to a standalone multi-track studio-in-a-box to a decent computer interface/DAW with NO significant increase in recording quality

Cheap Loop pedal:

Handheld digital recorder:

Standalone digital recorder:

Interface/DAW:

Pretty much the same thing right through ...in fact it gets worse
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 11-19-2018, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

Assuming you have a good cab and place to crank it, picking up good mic is the cheapest option for the best quality.

Leave a comment:

• VinceT
    replied

Agree with others. If it’s literally just for recording, no power amp needed. My records have everything from live mics on cranked amps, through direct line from power amp to cab sim, to guitar direct into soundcard then through fx, amp and cab models. It all works and, in the mix there’s no telling which is which.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I use the digital out of my Fractal AX8 into a firewire audio interface. But other than throwing a mic in front of a cab with the PowerStage 170, it really isn't a direct recording solution as much as it is a live performing solution. I agree with using software amp sims and IR loaders here, or if you want hardware, there are lots of 'all in one' solutions.

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

Cheapest & easiest would be to use software IR loaders. No need for a poweramp at that point & you can just go straight after the palladium into the pc.

Other options can vary from mooer radar, nux solid studio, lodigy epsi, torpedo cab, etc.

A simple guitar amp miced is an opttion too, whichever seems convenient.

Leave a comment:

• From power stage to recording optimal $$ to get quality recordings

Say I start with Seymour Duncan powerstage 170 then throw in a palladium and maybe some nice Kingsley’s pedals like page , harlot and squire. A few other choice hi gain and modulation ones what else would I need to record well without a speaker other than a studio monitor. Two notes torpedo studio? Two notes cab, the suhr reactive load thingy?

So many choices at that point the $$$ goes up and that’s where I get lost. I’ve heard the difference in Moore radar are two notes irs and let me just say u get what u pay for. But there is all this other stuff from quilter(trying to stay analog but I know I can’t) cause whereas I said stuff about modulation non specifically my plan was something like a line 6 lt, and I know it may be for you but that joke hx stomp with only six blocks isn’t enough for me

I am a total pedal and effect freak. I’ve sold all my gear to build this setup and my first purchase would be the power stage but at 400$ it’s hard to not just say I’d rather buy a used Marshall dsl 20hr. Common Seymour where is your upcoming holiday deal. Palladium at 300??

This is all going to add up that’s why I’m going to peicemeal it but also I’d like any tips on saving money without sacrificing tone

Knowing every company literally has jumped on the preamp in a pedal bandwagon isn’t making things easier
Working...
X