Double Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Cream

So I watched this "cool to me" video. I read the information and the guy states this is a Double Cream Pedal from Blackstar Amplification. I googled it without any luck finding any information on it. So I messaged & I spoke with the You tuber, Justin Johnson, & he swears that its by Blackstar.
    I contacted KORG since they are the dealer here in the U.S. and received a response back stating the same message as my google results, NADDA, and was told Blackstar doesnt make a pedal called Double Cream. Yet this message exists in the video.

Anyone know any information on this "Double Cream" pedal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-HdorsEP3A

Re: Double Cream

So when I googled "double cream pedal", I got a bunch of results for the Blackstar HT Dual 2 channel distortion. pedal. I got direct links back to Blackstar's website along with youtube vids.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Right, but the Blackstar HT Dual is a different pedal than what is pictured in Justin Johnson's video.

Double Cream Pedal Photos.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DB Cream.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	5810589

Name:	DB Cream 2.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	5810590

Blackstar HT Dual Pedal Photo

Name:	ht-dual-front-view-large.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	5810591

Comment

Theres a youtube vid from NAMM from Anehiem this year of him playing the Double Cream thru a Blackstar amp. Its odd that its not coming up when searched, unless it hasnt bwen released as of yet
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I have 3 Blackstar HT Dual pedals...
          The one in the video is most definitely not that pedal.

Comment

never seen a blackstar pedal like that before... you talked to the guy in the video and he said its blackstar?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              never seen a blackstar pedal like that before... you talked to the guy in the video and he said its blackstar?
              Yeppers. That's what he's claiming. I've been researching this for some time as I initially thought it was just a delay on the release of the pedal. But its been several months now and I still can't find any information on it.

Here's a screen shot of what he lists in the video description.

*UPDATE* You can no longer Private Message on You Tube. I just checked for my saved pm from Justin on my YT account and Creator Studio has been removed and so has the option of private messaging. I remember was hard finding this section after Google took over You tube.
              Straight from Google
              https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57955?hl=en
              Send & receive messages
              As of July 9, 2018, the ability to send, receive, or read private messages in Creator Studio is no longer available. We made this change because this feature was not widely used, and will allow us to focus on the features and tools that matter most to you. All private messages have therefore been deleted from Creator Studio and anywhere else on YouTube.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by spiderx; 11-28-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Uh... Tone Bakery Creme Double OD copy, perhaps?

New Tone Bakery Creme Double Boost.The Tone Bakery Creme Double makes your lead tones sing and your rhythm tones warm and fat.It is two entirely independent Creme Brulee circuits in a single pedal, allowing you to switch between different settings or stack them for added tonal options.The Creme D...

If the guy bought a knockoff maybe that's why he doesn't remember what brand/model it knocked off
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                  Uh... Tone Bakery Creme Double OD copy, perhaps?

New Tone Bakery Creme Double Boost.The Tone Bakery Creme Double makes your lead tones sing and your rhythm tones warm and fat.It is two entirely independent Creme Brulee circuits in a single pedal, allowing you to switch between different settings or stack them for added tonal options.The Creme D...

If the guy bought a knockoff maybe that's why he doesn't remember what brand/model it knocked off
                  I saw the Tone Bakery one. But this doesnt look anything like one of theirs.

Maybe its a custom built pedal or like you mentioned a knockoff or maybe its an older pedal that isnt on the market any longer without a trace of information online?

I suppose it will remain a mystery since the OP of the video doesn't know or remember the correct manufacturer. Seems like a cool pedal though.
                  Last edited by spiderx; 11-28-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

The graphics resemble something that Way Huge might do...definitely not a Blackstar graphic. It’s too cartoon-y.

Comment

"Psychedelic" font, 60s hippie-inspired graphic.... yup not blackstar
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

The video below is from this years NAMM show, in the description of what hes playing a Blackstar amp and Blackstar Double Cream pedal.

Jackson Soloist 7 string
                        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Well, that was cool.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The Tone Bakery Creme Brulee pedal is basically a Klon clone with a couple of passive component changes. The Creme Double is just two of the Creme Brulee pedals in one box. So if the Blackstar Double Cream is a copy, it would basically be two klones in one box.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                              ...two klones in one box.
                              I'm interested.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X