Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

Wampler Ego Compressor

I have an analogman mini bi-comp somewhere in my pedal warehouse, but since my desire to board mount one resurfaced I opted for something with a little more control.

When I used a compressor before I mounted it immediately after the tuner. I haven't experimented with chain positions for the Ego yet and only tried it out by removing a distortion pedal and placing it in that vacated spot between an OD and a delay.

Following is my review:

I am not the least bit disappointed. In fact, I am extremely pleased. It took a second or two to get the balance I liked between the volume and mix controls, and after that it was pure heaven.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: NPD

It’s slightly cliche, but after I got the Ego mini I have no desire for any other compressor. It sounds great.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I am a compression fan. While I'm not giving up my Monte Allums Opto CS-3....I have heard nothing but good things about the Wampler Ego. It would make my short list for sure.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Agreed, own one, and swap between the Ego & a Keeley 4-knob...

Comment

I am looking forward to getting home early enough to try it at volume in the usual 1st position ... and then in combination with its board mates
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
          X