Zoom G1xon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom G1xon

I remember Zoom products from Guitar Magazines in High School, and the few times I experienced them during that era they seemed like noisy, Playskool sorts of pedals. But these are cheap and I have a coupon for everyone's favorite guitar store so...

Background is up until very recently I didn't have any appetite at all for effects other than distortion/fuzz/overdrive; I never felt the need to thicken my sound with delay, I thought flange always sounded like a flushing toilet and didn't want it anywhere near my guitar sound, etc. I've been experimenting with the built-in effects in GarageBand though, and wonder if I shouldn't introduce myself to them more in the real world. Just looking for a multi-unit to get me used to how to use compression, modulation/delay etc. Don't see myself using the amp-sims; the looper sounds cool if rudimentary.

Are these at all acceptable?
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Zoom G1xon

I can’t speak specifically to this particular Zoom unit but it’s been my experience with these digital multi fox units that most of the fx you’re looking to use actually sound pretty good.
    The reverbs, delays, chorus etc are all pretty clear and crisp sounding dim these units. I have never been a fan of the overdrive/distortion available from a digital pedal like this but since you already have some sort pedals it doesn’t seem like that’s what you want from the pedal anyway.
    I would run the zoom into your fx loop and keep the dirt pedals up front. I think you would be able to get excellent results like that.
    The biggest downside to digital units is trying to edit the sounds/patches. There’s a lot of menus and scrolling through parameters etc...it’s fun but you can easily get lost in the editing process

Comment

I use a Zoom G3N and I gig with it doing 80's Hair Metal tribute so I have settings for all sorts of delays, chorus, reverbs, the Flange in Down Boys, harmonizer, Talk Box in Bon Jovi...I can go on. etc.

Sounds great. Has been on the floor for over a year doing 2-3 4hr shows per month. I only use it in the loop, but it has decent to very good models, cab sims, etc.

It also has very clearly identified knobs for editing . Pretty simple.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Oh...G1Xon....yeah - maybe not.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It's awesome..love mine!

The fact that it does'nt have endless tweak-able parameters & options & is pretty much just 'plug & play' is a huge plus for me. The presets are mostly good and pretty much usable out of the box & the mod FX sound good.. awesome little pedal for jamming/practicing & even recording..

Looped improv using the onboard looper (Cleans/Mod Fx..) :

Dirt..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

In the amp's loop (touch of reverb/short delay.. ):

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X