X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Re: Pedal noob question

If you put it in the back of the pedal chain, I think the rule is you have to make the "whah" sound with your mouth too.

Completes the tone I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

I have 3 Morleys. A 70's jumbo size, a modern normal size and a Morley Mini. They all sound fantastic and do the cocked wah thing great. I think the Stevie Vai Bad Horsie is the Morley with the spring that returns it to the upright position and is pressure activated when you step on it. At least when I saw SV last that is what "his" Morley was doing, not sure if those features are in the production models.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    Wah in front, delay in the loop.

Bill
    Some tape simulating delays work better in front. My Dunlop Echoplex definitely does. Which is quite understandable as that's how the orginals were designed to be used.

Leave a comment:

• Lovegun
    replied

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
    No there is only the on/off button and the pedal itself. There isnt a spring in it so it does stay in position when I,take my foot off of it, so I do get that cocked wah sound.

Guess this just means Ihave to spend more time playing, darn, such,a terrible prediciment Im in.
    Ok. Then play on.

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
    Is it one of those Morley that has the on toggle on the side? Does the pedal return to the up position by the spring? Are there any other controls? I think all Morleys are optical wahs so there is no pot involved like in other pedals. So using it like a cocked wah might be difficult since the pedal returns to the up position. Maybe someone else can tell if there is secret screw with you can fine tune the pedal or some other way.
    No there is only the on/off button and the pedal itself. There isnt a spring in it so it does stay in position when I,take my foot off of it, so I do get that cocked wah sound.

Guess this just means Ihave to spend more time playing, darn, such,a terrible prediciment Im in.

Leave a comment:

• VinceT
    replied

Thanks guys, any tips or secrets to using the pedal I should know?
    Not really, just play it (a lot) to get your own feel.

If you’re after those 70s classic tones, keep in mind that - though we have endless switching, looping and everything else options these days, back then it was more often than not a case of sticking it all in a single line into the front of the amp.

So, as you experiment, take that as your starting point and then experiment to find what feels/sounds good and inspires your playing.

Don’t overthink, just play and LEARN!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Lovegun
    replied

Is it one of those Morley that has the on toggle on the side? Does the pedal return to the up position by the spring? Are there any other controls? I think all Morleys are optical wahs so there is no pot involved like in other pedals. So using it like a cocked wah might be difficult since the pedal returns to the up position. Maybe someone else can tell if there is secret screw with you can fine tune the pedal or some other way.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Usually it is the 1st or 2nd pedal out front, too.
    Mine is the last pedal in my chain.

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Usually it is the 1st or 2nd pedal out front, too.

Leave a comment:

• Boogie Bill
    replied

Wah in front, delay in the loop.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied

Thought it went in front, but for some reason, I started questioning my sanity.

Like I said, this is my first trip down the pedal road in many moons. Next on the list will be a delay pedal, but for now, Ill play with the wah and see where I go from there.

Leave a comment:

• Old Guy
    replied

Guitar into Wah into OD/Distortion then to front of amp gives me the most pleasing sound. Modulation pedals go through the FX Loop. Don't have a Compression pedal yet, but when I get one, it will be either before or after the Wah. I'll test it out when I get it.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied

Well, if you get dirt from your amp, it’s like putting it after an OD pedal, so this should help:

In my case wah is first in the chain.

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied

Ok, mainly listen to 70s to present hard rock and that can be from KISS to Godsmack and Slipknot. Not really trying for anyone's sound in particular. What Im hearing in my mind is using the wah more as a filter that working the pedal, getting that nasally, raw snarl. Now that doesnt mean I wont play with the pedal and use it as its traditionally used.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X