TC Chorus/Flange overload indicator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Chorus/Flange overload indicator.

Even with the input gain level all the way down [ccw] the clip [overload] LED still blinks when i boost my input signal with EQ & gain pedals.
    Everything sounds okay, just wondering if this will damage the pedal in any way ?
    Is this a problem ?

Re: TC Chorus/Flange overload indicator.

It probably means the input to the electronic device is at a level that could overwhelm the electronics of the pedal.

You might have to look at the schematic of the pedal to see what components are directly exposed to the input before that input gain control.

If there are a fair bit of components, then I would lower the input signal to the pedal.

When you input a loud and clean boosted signal and the indicator lights, are you getting any clipping when the light comes on?

Comment

Originally posted by Howlermonkey View Post
      It probably means the input to the electronic device is at a level that could overwhelm the electronics of the pedal.

You might have to look at the schematic of the pedal to see what components are directly exposed to the input before that input gain control.

If there are a fair bit of components, then I would lower the input signal to the pedal.

When you input a loud and clean boosted signal and the indicator lights, are you getting any clipping when the light comes on?
      The pedals sound fine but the overload LED blinks here & there.
      Not on steady or all the time.

I don't think its a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        The pedals sound fine but the overload LED blinks here & there.
        Not on steady or all the time.

I don't think its a big deal.
        It isn't, and I wouldn't be worried about damaging the pedal unless you're plugging a speaker cable into it. Depending on the components, a boosted guitar signal may cause unintended clipping and sound bad, but it won't hurt anything.
        Last edited by dystrust; 12-16-2018, 11:55 AM. Reason: Grammar fail.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I haven't read the manual, but I bet it is ok if it blinks on now and then. That is common with pedals like this.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

TS It means you need to stop using Chorus and Flanger....

It's sort of like a PSA for guitarists... i kid I kid.

The LED probably starts up at 24 or 20db of headroom left and increases as you near the limit. That's my guess, as that's how lots of LEDs that are in the audio circuit work.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Wasn't clipping on the blue boost channel.

Clips on the red & fuzz a bit.

Comment

Yeah intermittent LED is usually fine. It's most likely less of 'you're going to damage the pedal' and more 'you're going to clip and it will sound like ass' indicator.
                TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  TS It means you need to stop using Chorus and Flanger....

It's sort of like a PSA for guitarists... i kid I kid.

The LED probably starts up at 24 or 20db of headroom left and increases as you near the limit. That's my guess, as that's how lots of LEDs that are in the audio circuit work.
                  : “Woah, that’s a chorus OVERLOAD, shut it down!”
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X