Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal question

Alright guys....

I jumped the gun the other day trying to play through my tube amp setup and forgot to plug in my pedal daisychain power supply before turning on the rig. Should I be worried about rig/pedal damage?😕 Serious question.... I have OCD and its been bothering me.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: Pedal question

No.

If you have an amp's volume already blasted and then connect/disconnect/power-up something that is in the active signal chain you can get a loud pop that could possibly have the potential (lol) to damage something (most likely a speaker)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
      Alright guys....

I jumped the gun the other day trying to play through my tube amp setup and forgot to plug in my pedal daisychain power supply before turning on the rig. Should I be worried about rig/pedal damage?�� Serious question.... I have OCD and its been bothering me.
      Hah, oh god..... I know this kind of pain.... I used to spend $$ on New Old Stock Mullards, Sylvania and GE tubes etc and every time I'd leave the studio and forget to power down the amp, I'd be losing my **** at home worried about the unnecessary heat wear like a weirdo.

One time I went out of town for months, came back and my amp had been left on the whole time...... I'll never recover.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

To reiterate what Dave said, no, it didn't hurt anything.

Comment

Working...
        X