Octafuzz vs Way Huge Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octafuzz vs Way Huge Pork Loin

Looking for a good blues pedal. I'm playing mainly SGs with a solid state Orange cr60. I've kinda narrowed it down to them 2 pedals, I just can't decide. Thanks.

Re: Octafuzz vs Way Huge Pork Loin

well... those are two very very different pedals. i know little about the orange you have but id say the pork loin is going to be more versatile. the octafuzz is a terrific pedal but its not as friendly or easy to use as an overdrive

Comment

Fuzz isn’t what most would recommend for a “good blues pedal.”
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

youre right but i use my sunface for blues frequently. the right fuzz can be great for blues into the right amp, with the right guitar in the right hands but thats a lot of caveats

Comment

Yeah, I dig what Gary Clark Jr, Doyle, KWS, and others do with fuzz for blues, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a solid state Orange isn't the right amp for that. That said, it could be the coolest sound ever.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

thats my general feeling as well, especially since the octafuzz isnt subtle as a fuzz at all. its one of the few pedals i kinda want right now

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              What if he's doing post blues stoner white boy metal blues like Kyuss??

Then it's just what the doctor ordered....
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

What would you recommend for a good blues pedal?

Comment

Yeah, I dig what Gary Clark Jr, Doyle, KWS, and others do with fuzz for blues, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a solid state Orange isn't the right amp for that. That said, it could be the coolest sound ever.
                  I was never a fan of a solid state amp until I bought the Orange cr60. But man I love that thing. I also have a fender bassbreaker, but the orange is my favorite. I love the reverb and the gain sounds awesome. It may not be a tube amp, but it's close.

Comment

For the Jack White, Gary Clarke Jr. or The Black Keys type of raunchy blues, a fuzz through an Orange on a clean setting could be bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty302 View Post
                      What would you recommend for a good blues pedal?
                      A Tubescreamer variant. I LOVE the Way Huge Green Rhino (TS with added bass and mid controls), but my setup is WAY different from yours. Strat -> bunch of OD pedals -> old silverface Super Reverb.

EDIT- the Rhino works really well with my SGLP, as well, though, so I'd still recommend checking it out. I like the EHX Soul Food (Klone-ish) as well.

Comment

If you are playing blues why do you need pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                          If you are playing blues why do you need pedals?
                          Tubescreamers and Crybabies are vital parts is the White Guy with a Strat Blues setup. I utilize both liberally.

Comment

I am old skool blues, guitar to amp, anything else is heresy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I am old skool blues, guitar to amp, anything else is heresy.
                              I respect that, and am moving back in that direction. However, my being white requires the tubescreamer and wah.

Comment

Working...
                              X