banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPD Lovepedal EPH-3. FINALLY, a delay I like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Lovepedal EPH-3. FINALLY, a delay I like!

I have tried a few delays over the past couple years and they all had one of two faults for my wants/needs: either they had a buffer (Tech 21 Boost DLA) OR they brightened my sound when kicked on because I do not run a buffer (every true bypass delay I tried).
    Just got a Lovepedal EPH-3 Delay and I think I finally found one that works for me. It is true bypass and does not alter my base tone when off, and it actually makes my sound a tad DARKER when I turn it on. Exactly what I wanted. I am running it right into the front of my amp. The mix control has enough range to allow it to work well even when the amp gain is high.
    Best part? $56 brand new from Lovepedal including shipping! Took 6 weeks to arrive but I am always willing to wait for a bargain.

I have not had a chance to try it out at stage volume yet. In a perfect world it will give me just enough of a boost to make an od unnecessary. Doubtful, though, because it really doesn't boost much, it's more like a tone shift. We shall see.

Re: NPD Lovepedal EPH-3. FINALLY, a delay I like!

I have been very impressed by LovePedal the EPH-3 was recommended to me and my first Lovepedal but that was a lot of 50% weekends ago and now I have around 30, he does a lot of limited runs and yea I think it has been since about 4 weeks since his last sale and I am waiting for a Super Lead Mk-II Gold but I don't mind they're worth the wait.

Comment

I almost went for the Tiki last time. It was sold out by the time I decided to bite. Now I'm waiting for a Kalamazoo. For $50 I will buy just to try. I will never have 30, though! I don't like to own more than a few. Get up to 4 or 5 and I start selling.

Comment

Another Lovepedal fan here, I have a number of 'em. Especially fond of Sean's drive pedals. Last time around I scored a Box Of Awesome which has the OD11 and Kalamazoo circuits. Marvelous drives both, and sheer sustainy magic when combined.

I got an Echophonic two years ago and I like it a lot. Very rich sounding to my ear; I imagine its character is very similar to the EPH3. Really does remind me of the old days when I used to run Echoplexes. While it doesn't offer the option of tails like the EPH3, the Echophonic has a master volume separate from the dry/wet mix so it can give quite a bit of boost when engaged if you want it to.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Anyone has compared it to the Belle Epoch ?
          (I usually like the Catalinbread concepts.)

Here is a Lovepedal EPH-3 demo :

Sounds nice.
          Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
          X