• Aceman
    replied
    Re: NPD Korg SDD-3000 Delay

Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

Definitely a good unit. Has some nice upgraded capabilities from the old rack versions.

I had the rack unit when they first came out. Someone told me it was what The Edge was using. I spent days trying to work out all the settings for the 80’s hit parade of the day (I still have my notebook and wanted to try my rack settings on the pedal to see if they work the same). My rack unit never quite sounded perfectly right, however. Never sounded as rich and thick as all the delays on all the records. Turns out The Edge was only just starting to use it on an album that hadn’t been released yet.

I returned mine and bought a second ADA, which got me through every 80’s cover gig I had at the time.

I had a nostalgic buzz when these new pedal SDD’s came out. I stopped myself when I saw they were $400-$500 and when I remembered why I returned my original one.

Unless I’m playing Streets With No Name every night, and even then, the SDD isn’t really necessary. The TC Flashback and Alter Ego, as well as the EHX Canyon and Zoom MS-70CDR all have an emulation of the Korg digital delay which are very satisfactory (speaking as someone who’s used all of these). If I’m in a cover band that depends on the Korg sound specifically, I could see it as the centerpiece of the pedalboard.

But my whine aside, if you have the real thing in hand there and are getting good tones out of it, that’s really all that matters. It is a good unit. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied

Yes.

I think it was discontinued about a year ago then Sweetwater liquidated their remaining stock over the last couple of months.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

It’s discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    started a topic NPD Korg SDD-3000 Delay

NPD Korg SDD-3000 Delay

So I got this to flip it honestly since it was the last batch available. Now I’m torn since it sounds really good LOL

The analog and modern modes in particular really impressed me. It’s got a bazillion buttons but they are actually very intuitive. It’s just the Normal delay controls, plus modulation plus filtering. They should have called it deluxe.

Working...
X