banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mooer Radar Firmware upgrade to V1.2 ...what a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooer Radar Firmware upgrade to V1.2 ...what a difference!

Yeah..don't know what they did but it's brilliant. Everything sounds a lot more tuneful, real , bigger, less compressed/rubbery & just waaay better. Cut's through like a knife & has that 'breathing' airy REAL cab-like feel/response & the top end is madly improved..really sweet with awesome presence..

This thing always sounded pretty nice to jam with but lost something for recording.

Not anymore
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Mooer Radar Firmware upgrade to V1.2 ...what a difference!

And for the simpler bears out there - I still love my Mooer DI, with a "Cab Sim On" switch. Non-upgradable.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'd definitely consider myself a simple bear as well lol. If I can rock the Radar anyone can ..it's pretty much just turn one knob and play..

But yeah, I don't get the hate for analog cab sim's ..my AMT Chameleon is extremely usable in a mix and sounds awesome, so does my $15 "Little Bear" pedal

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I've been using a H&K Red Box for my rig at gigs. Sounds fantastic - at least in a bar setting. Would I record with it? (well, I would). There are no doubt way better things. Still...does what it is supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          But yeah, I don't get the hate for analog cab sim's
          I guess the hate comes from there being more bad ones than good ones out there. Both emulated outs on my Randall RD1H and Marshall DSL1HR sound pretty bad.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 01-07-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I have a few Tech 21 devices (Flyrig, Trademark 10 & 60) which are all analog, and they sound remarkable direct to the PA.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              I've been using a H&K Red Box for my rig at gigs. Sounds fantastic - at least in a bar setting. Would I record with it? (well, I would). There are no doubt way better things. Still...does what it is supposed to do.
              Oh yeah, I'm sure it does.. I often use my Chameleon Cab and Radar pedal's (in stereo) these days. Run them out of my Mimic Doubler pedal & it sounds just like two big fat guitars L-R of the stage! It's quicker & easier for the sound guy than mic'ing two cabs. (do that too sometimes.. but I don't think I lose anything using the cab sims instead).

@ Rex Rocker: Yeah, my Randall (T2) has a crappy sounding speaker sim outlet as well, don't think it even works really.. just sounds like muddy low frequency noise. My Laboga's have useable cab sims but they're overly bassy too and need filtering. Still there are some nice analog pedals out there.. ADA, AMT, the Mooer Tres Cab does'nt sound too shabby in demo's, the Behringer Ultra's G DI Box's cab sim is pretty cool/usable etc..

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I have a few Tech 21 devices (Flyrig, Trademark 10 & 60) which are all analog, and they sound remarkable direct to the PA.
                Yeah, I have a Behringer GD121 (Sansamp GT-2 "inspired" ) ..killer cab sim

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I keep an older and a current red box in my gig toolbox, just in case...

Which version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                    I keep an older and a current red box in my gig toolbox, just in case...

Which version are you using?

Comment

Working...
                    X