What's The Cheese On The ProCo Rat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's The Cheese On The ProCo Rat?

I also recommend looking at the many Rat clones out there, which have mode switching options that allow you to go between various incarnations of the Rat. They receive lots of praise and are on a lot of boards currently. Namely the Mooer Black Secret, Mosky Black Rat and the Tom'sline Black Teeth.

Be aware that the original Rat's power supply takes an odd 1/8 input. Some don't like that aspect, whereas the clones all take the generic center negative Boss type.
    Last edited by Van Noord; 01-11-2019, 10:44 PM.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

My personal favorite Rat is the Proco Solo. Everything a Rat can do and more.

I have had an original Rat on my board in the past few years, as well as a Mooer Black Secret. I have played a bunch of Rat 2'a.

I say go Solo if you must go Rat.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They are a little fuzzy for me. Not as smooth as TS-derived or Klone pedals. I don't like my distortion pedals that distorted, though. Also I don't tend to use distortion/overdrive into an already distorted amp either. I don't think I am the target market, but that is probably the case of most guitar things.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          They are a little fuzzy for me. Not as smooth as TS-derived or Klone pedals. I don't like my distortion pedals that distorted, though. Also I don't tend to use distortion/overdrive into an already distorted amp either. I don't think I am the target market, but that is probably the case of most guitar things.
          Hey Dave - good jam tonight!

No doubt the Rat can get into Fuzz territory - thus use as a Marshall boost is their super-power. In a non-over-the-top-modded Marshall.

Into a non-timed basic 800 - killer. Don't over do the distortion.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like the fuzz-like qualities. I tried a couple of fuzz pedals but ended up with the Rat! Great boost into my crunchy amp.

Comment

This was an old thread that has some good Rat-based info...hopefully the link works...
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Awesome info! Thanks to all that contributed! Now, which RAT is the one for me....

Comment

Working...
                X