Tremolo/Vibrato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo/Vibrato

I'm looking for a good tremolo and a good vibrato, hopefully in the same unit. I want to keep it simple, and really only need rate, depth, and shape controls. What's out there for me at a reasonable price?

Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

I bought a TC Electronic Choka tremolo not too long ago and I quite like it, It's only 30 euro. But as for a vibrato I can't help you with that sorry.

Comment

For Tremelo -the workhorse of the industry is the Boss TR2 -simple, powerful bulletproof and sounds great. and you can get them for 30-40 bucks used -unbeatable really.

I use a Strymon Flint for the tap tempo -its more powerful and flexible than the Boss -but expensive and Harmonic Tremelo setting is absolutely magical. -plus you get a powerful reverb incase I use backline without reverb. Great but pricey pedal

While TC Electronic generally makes great pedals -I think the Vibrato "Shaker" is pretty meh -it takes a lot to get a decent sound out of it

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

What kind of vibrato are you looking for? What types of tones? A chorus with a mix that goes to 100% wet will give you vibrato. Also, a lot of Univibes have a vibrato mode. Listen to clips online because they are both vibratos but sound way different.

For Tremolo, the Shape Shifter by Duncan is great, I really like mine. The Strymon offerings are of course nice but premium priced. Has anyone tried the TC Pipeline?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had a Behringer Tremelo once, which was fine.
          My mum says I'm speshal...

Comment

I've been looking at the Behringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato and UT300 Ultra Tremolo units. They don't color the sound right? All I'm really looking for is a decent unit, but just for my own knowledge, what are the differences in vibrato/tremolo units to look out for?

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

ive been using the boss one for a number of years. Sounds just as good as the trem on my vintage amps.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The Shape Shifter gives you lots of control over the tremolo, from rise times, to tap tempo, to haveing the effect bounce around in the stereo spectrum. It isn't just simply an on/off-type tremolo, as you can add sort of a swirly phase thing going on, too.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

TS -do you use drugs, drink heavily while playing, or have bad eye site?

If so.... this one out of the question...

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      TS -do you use drugs, drink heavily while playing, or have bad eye site?

If so.... this one out of the question...

I’ve been meaning to ask you...
                      What does TS mean? I notice you’ve used it now and again in some of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        I’ve been meaning to ask you...
                        What does TS mean? I notice you’ve used it now and again in some of your posts.
                        Thread Starter -same as OP -is that not used on here at all?

Comment

I had to look it up. It was like #50-something on a list of the 200 most common TS acronyms. 'Round these parts it means Tubescreamer.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Marshall made a tremolo pedal that also does vibrato. I forget what it’s called but it was part of that series of silver/gold pedals they had out a few years ago. I have one that I got for dirt cheap from the bargain bin at a local music store.
                            Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                            Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              Thread Starter -same as OP -is that not used on here at all?
                              It’s a first for me.
                              But hey, now I know and....

Comment

Working...
                              X