Revisiting the DS-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting the DS-1

Got a DS-1 off Reverb for $25. Itís been over 10 years since I used one, and my first time pairing it with a real amp. If youíre into blues rock, and play a Tele or Strat through a sf Super Reverb, the stock DS-1 is pretty good. Itís not the best for cleaning up with the volume knob, but itís going to get a permanent spot next to my Green Rhino and Soul Food.

I still intend to mod it, though
    "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Re: Revisiting the DS-1

It's a classic for a reason. I wish I hadn't sold mine in a garage sale 10 years ago

also sold a bunch of Maxons and Ross pedals -I didn't know they were worth money at the time.
    ďFor me, when everything goes wrong Ė thatís when adventure starts.Ē Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

^ that sucks

There’s a lot of looking down on the DS-1, for myriad reasons. If anybody couldn’t cover a ton of loud guitar ground with the tone I’m getting from it, the problem is not with the pedal.
      "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

You are doing EXACTLY wat it was intended for.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          You are doing EXACTLY wat it was intended for.
          I had the Super up around 4.5 today. It's not exactly breaking up yet, but not sparkly clean, either. With the DS-1 level around 3:00, tone 9:00, and drive 1:00, it sounded vaguely like if Gary Moore was playing a Tele. It really suits the Tele's neck pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            I had the Super up around 4.5 today. It's not exactly breaking up yet, but not sparkly clean, either. With the DS-1 level around 3:00, tone 9:00, and drive 1:00, it sounded vaguely like if Gary Moore was playing a Tele. It really suits the Tele's neck pickup.
            You need that SUPER REVERB at the MAGIC 6! the amp becomes a monster! 6 6 3 2

Report back!!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.52.34.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	5812627
            ďFor me, when everything goes wrong Ė thatís when adventure starts.Ē Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Great sound. Lovepedal makes a drive pedal specifically emulating the tone of a Super turned up to six.
              "My hovercraft is full of eels."

Comment

Working...
              X