What pedals for my rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pedals for my rig?

I play a tele with a twin reverb. I play mostly funk/psychedelic/rock. I want recomendations for a boost, overdrive, fuzz, phaser, delay and wah. I'll also be using the reverb in my amp. Price isn't really a problem. I want a echoplex style delay and a transparent overdrive.

What pedals for my rig?

Welcome to the forum!

For transparent overdrive I'll go with a Timmy (or a pedal with EQ like the SD 805) and for EP delay the Catalinbread Belle Epoch (deluxe if you need the extra features).

For the rest, if you give more details of what you want it may be easier. Like sample tones you like.

For fuzz in particular there are several worlds, like fuzz face or big Muff. For phaser the same so if you pick a "family" within that effect it's easier to pick particular pedals.

Comment

Re: What pedals for my rig?

Thanks a lot.

The timmy looks good, i like the tone of the jan ray a bit better but I'd rather avoid the price tag. I've heard people say that they're the same just with some different part values.

For fuzz i was thinking a silicon fuzz face sort of thing(i want a eddie hazel/ jimi hendriz fuzz).

For the boost i want something that will and colour to my clean tones but also stack well with my overdrive.

Comment

For overdrive, the Timmy, Fulltone OCD or Mesa Throttle Box.
        For fuzz Earthquaker Devices, Spires fuzz or Mathews Effects, The Whaler.
        Phaser, I'm a MXR Phase 90 believer.
        Wah, I have a Dunlop Hendrix fuzz wah from back in the day, go try a BUNCH of them and don't avoid a bass wah b/c the are supposed to have more sweep/range.

Comment

The throttle box is way too dirty for me. I really want a transparent OD like the timmy. For fuzz I might actually go for a jim dunlop silicon fuzz face.

I'm completely lost in the world of phaser's honestly

Comment

What pedals for my rig?

Originally posted by fenderboi View Post

For fuzz i was thinking a silicon fuzz face sort of thing(i want a eddie hazel/ jimi hendriz fuzz).

For the boost i want something that will and colour to my clean tones but also stack well with my overdrive.
            The Dunlop (blue) Jimi Fuzz Face is actually quite nice, I would give that a try first.

If you want color for boost I would say TC Spark for boost if you want tweak ability or the MXR micro amp for simplicity if you like it's voicing. The SD pickup booster is also great and sits a bit in between with the resonance switch in terms of tweakability.

If you're lost in phasers, try an MXR Phase 95. You have several classic modes you can play with. There are also old Digitech phasers with even more modes to try.

Comment

My local guitar store has one of those fuzz faces. I'll try it out tmrw.

They also have a lovepedal tchula. Is that a good boost/ OD? does it stack well?

Comment

The throttle box is way too dirty for me. I really want a transparent OD like the timmy. For fuzz I might actually go for a jim dunlop silicon fuzz face.

I'm completely lost in the world of phaser's honestly
                Don't go off video clips, you need to play one if you haven't. Try it on the yellow channel with the gain down, it's just light crunch there and still is able to get huge sounding with nearly transparent tone.

Comment

Haven't tried the tchula actually.

Comment

I play a tele with a twin reverb. I play mostly funk/psychedelic/rock. I want recomendations for a boost, overdrive, fuzz, phaser, delay and wah. I'll also be using the reverb in my amp. Price isn't really a problem. I want a echoplex style delay and a transparent overdrive.
                    EP-etyle delay (plus) - Strymon El Capistan
                    Boost - Rimrock Mythical Overdrive (Klone)
                    Overdrive/Distortion - Proco Rat
                    Fuzz - DOD Carcosa (discontinued but still available)
                    Phaser - MXR Phase 95
                    Wah - Cry Baby 535Q Mini

Comment

No sure if anybody mentioned it but for funk the first pedal I’d get is a good compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        No sure if anybody mentioned it but for funk the first pedal I’d get is a good compressor.
                        Very true.

Comment

What volume do you play the Twin at?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

For the boost, I would strongly suggest the BBE Bohemian Boost. It is a great Rangemaster clone and very flexible. If you want a great old school fuzz I would suggest looking into the Morley Fuzz or kill two birds with one stone and get the Cliff Burton Fuzz Wah. Yes, I know Cliff was a bass player but the pedal was originally designed for guitar.

Comment

1. How long have you been playing?
                              2. Are you in a band or not?
                              3. Give me two "in the zone" examples of what you call Funk, Psychaselic, and Rock

Answers will follow
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X