SKB-PS-8PRO Powered Pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKB-PS-8PRO Powered Pedalboard

Has anyone out there ever used this product? what are your opinion about that? Have you suggestions for powered pedalboards (up to 6/8 pedals max)?

Re: SKB-PS-8PRO Powered Pedalboard

I have not -one question -do you have digital modulation pedals on your board?

If so, you need to be pretty picky about which power supply to use.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      I have not -one question -do you have digital modulation pedals on your board?

If so, you need to be pretty picky about which power supply to use.
      No I haven't. My board is pretty simple. One overdrive, one chorus, a volume pedal, wah, a distortion (most of the time turned off). I am thinking to add a mxr carbon copy delay. But that's it

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
        No I haven't. My board is pretty simple. One overdrive, one chorus, a volume pedal, wah, a distortion (most of the time turned off). I am thinking to add a mxr carbon copy delay. But that's it
        Most ones on the market will probably work well for you, digital modulation pedals are where the differences in price and quality really start to show.

This SKB product does not appear to use ISO transformers per port -so I think it could get noisy in certain circumstances (Like using a bunch of digital modulation pedals) because the power is essentially a daisy chain similar to the basic $40 Truetone One Spot-electrically speaking (without the pedal board itself or innovative distribution system)

I have pasted in the board you are interested in -so people don't have to google

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-02 08.58.07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	5812785

For what you have pedal wise it's cool and fine likely. -that SKB system is pretty cool. -it's not expensive either -especially for what you get. You could easily spend double on a Voodoo, MXR, or Strymon Power supply only and still need buy cables and the pedal board -so i think it's a good idea for you

As for Suggestions or ideas

-I personally dislike larger pedal boards -I use 1 or 2 small ones that are easy to transport. So here's one of mine -Pedal Train Nano Plus with 2 Strymon Ojais bolted on the bottom (the Second Ojai is mostly for redundancy in case I'm traveling/gigging and one fails) -This Pedal Board stays at my amp -as I only engage pedals on this board between songs. But this solution is $200-300 before you ever velcro the first Pedal down -so not likely everyone's cup of tea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-02 08.50.19.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	5812784
        Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-02-2019, 08:04 AM. Reason: added picture
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have that pedalboard, only use it for a jam board, my other boards are Pedaltrains, the SKB works pretty well for its intended use, no complaints as of yet....

Comment

For what you have pedal wise it's cool and fine likely. -that SKB system is pretty cool. -it's not expensive either -especially for what you get. You could easily spend double on a Voodoo, MXR, or Strymon Power supply only and still need buy cables and the pedal board -so i think it's a good idea for you
            Sorry for the late reply, but past days were really difficult to deal with. But, anyway, thanks for suggestion. it's my very first pedalboard, so, I am pretty confused with all the products on the market.

-I personally dislike larger pedal boards -I use 1 or 2 small ones that are easy to transport.
            I agree with you. if you have a good guitar and a really good amp 3/4 stomp boxes are enough to color the tone

Comment

Working...
            X