banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo spread of the Seymour Duncan Silver Lake reverb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo spread of the Seymour Duncan Silver Lake reverb...

Hi,

I have the Seymour Duncan Silver Lake reverb pedal.
    I like it's features very much BUT I find the stereo spread of the signal out seriously lacking.
    I go mono in and stereo out and I must say even with headphones on the stereo width is really minimal.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is there a hidden setting?
    Are there other users who have noticed the same?
    I have the latest firmware by the way.

Cheerio!

Re: Stereo spread of the Seymour Duncan Silver Lake reverb...

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't seen a ton of talk about the Silver Lake here, but Riley, who chimes in on threads like this might have an answer for you. I don't own a Silver Lake, but was always curious about it (and the new Dark Sun pedal).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Dave
      We'll see who turns up.
      Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you're liking the Silver Lake overall. As for the stereo image, I've heard this from a few users now, so I'm following up with our software guys about it. I'll let you know what I find out!

Comment

Stereo spread of the Seymour Duncan Silver Lake reverb...

I’m following this thread. I have a SL as well. I run it in mono currently and I’m loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
            Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you're liking the Silver Lake overall. As for the stereo image, I've heard this from a few users now, so I'm following up with our software guys about it. I'll let you know what I find out!
            Thank you for following this up. Hope the software fix (or whatever the solution might be) isn't a too difficult one
            Last edited by 123joris456; 02-09-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

As someone who loves reverb, especially the really deep stereo cavey doesn't-sound-at-all-like-a-guitar stuff, I love a huge stereo spread as well.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Software guys say there is a 'stereo width' parameter that can be adjusted for the reverb algorithms in Silver Lake, which is currently preset at one setting. I'm looking into adding it to the Updater tool as a tweakable option.

Comment

That would be awesome! A lot of synth guys would love this also.

Comment

Originally posted by 123joris456 View Post
                    That would be awesome! A lot of synth guys would love this also.
                    Would you mind giving me a short rundown of how you set up your rig?
                    A mono input which is then split to two amplifiers for the stereo split?
                    I’ve never run a stereo setup so I’m not exactly sure what you’ve got going on in your rig.
                    Thanks

Comment

I remember some reviewer on YT said it was a dual mono, I guess that spread parameter should have been set to something else since day one. Also, if Dark Sun is based on the Silver Lake, will that be an issue too for that new pedal? I was interested in getting a stereo Reverb/Tap Delay but the stereo spread is very important feature for me.
                      Last edited by IMENATOR; 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM.
                      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                        I remember some reviewer on YT said it was a dual mono, I guess that spread parameter should have been set to something else since day one. Also, if Dark Sun is based on the Silver Lake, will that be an issue too for that new pedal? I was interested in getting a stereo Reverb/Tap Delay but the stereo spread is very important feature for me.
                        Dark Sun's reverb is a very similar algorithm to Silver Lake, so yes it will have the same feel in stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          Would you mind giving me a short rundown of how you set up your rig?
                          A mono input which is then split to two amplifiers for the stereo split?
                          I’ve never run a stereo setup so I’m not exactly sure what you’ve got going on in your rig.
                          Thanks
                          The pedal resides on my pedalboard where, in live use, it is only used mono for my bass rig. At home I also use it for my analog drum machine and/or my analog synth, or as reverb used in an aux channel. Always stereo, always coming from mono. The stereo out goes too my audio interface. I like to tweak the settings when recording which is why I like the 1-knob-per-function of the Silver Lake.

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                              Software guys say there is a 'stereo width' parameter that can be adjusted for the reverb algorithms in Silver Lake, which is currently preset at one setting. I'm looking into adding it to the Updater tool as a tweakable option.
                              Hi Riley,

Out of interest: any updates on this?

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                              X