NPD Phase 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Phase 90

Been Phase 90 shopping for awhile. Was looking at the Script, but the regular one with the LED popped up on Reverb for $50 shipped, so I bit, especially since I intended to do some modding.

Oh. My. God. How have I made it 25 years of playing and never owned one of these??!?!?! It's a really good thing I'm not in a band right now, because there would be a lot of "Turn that damn thing off for a second!" in the near future.

I played it stock for a few minutes, then decided to do the Script mod, removing a resistor and cap. I wish I'd spent longer with it stock, as after an hour of playing it modded, it sounds so good I can't even remember what it sounded like before.

Can't decide if I prefer it before or after the drive pedals, so I'm thinking maybe a second one is in order to accommodate both. I'm really curious to try the Uni-vibe mod, but I love how this sounds currently, so a second one is probably in the cards anyway.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: NPD Phase 90

I have one arriving this afternoon. Script model from Ebay $50. I'll just need to do a velcroectomy.

It will be tons of fun with the Dunlop Echoplex delay I just got a couple weeks ago

Comment

I have one I did the script mod on. It’s an improvement. But a real script model sounds much smother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use my EH Small Stone before the drive pedal.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I use my EH Small Stone before the drive pedal.
          Same with the Phase 90 on my small board and the Univibe on my big one.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
          X