NSWD (New Software Day) - 2 packs of Ownhammer IRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSWD (New Software Day) - 2 packs of Ownhammer IRs

Last night I finally pulled the trigger for the GNR and FMAN 412 IR packs to use with my Helix ($19.99 each)

I haven't have time to use them much, but my first impressions are that they are extremely usable and their pre-mixed IRs meant to represent using a combination of mics on a speaker cab sound extremely good.

I will be recording some tunes later and will post them here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: NSWD (New Software Day) - 2 packs of Ownhammer IRs

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
      Last night I finally pulled the trigger for the GNR and FMAN 412 IR packs to use with my Helix ($19.99 each)

I haven't have time to use them much, but my first impressions are that they are extremely usable and their pre-mixed IRs meant to represent using a combination of mics on a speaker cab sound extremely good.

I will be recording some tunes later and will post them here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
      I keep hearing people rave about the GNR pack, sooner or later I'm going to succumb. But I already got the Suhr pack from Celestion recently. Which are a bit meatier than the rest of the IRs at Celestion Plus...

I tend to reach for IRs before cab models now, it's so much faster to get the sound I want. Though auditioning IRs is a bit of a pain with Helix Native. I hope they improve that in future updates. Or maybe I'll get my DAW to work right and be able to use an external IR plugin for auditioning...

Comment

This pack looks awesome! I got a handful of iR libraries but really need to get a few OH's to round it out...or so I think.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

My playing doesn't do justice to how good these IRs sound, really. Really versatile IR pack that I got overwhelmed with trying out all the starter combos

Low Gain sound used as a "clean" sound. I'm using the Archon clean model (cranked to breakup) through one of the GNR IRs

High Gain sound using the Friedman model into another GNR IR

Lead tone using the same amp (with different settings) into one of the FMAN IRs

Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
          X