Digitech The Drop - metal demo. down tuning pitch shifter pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digitech The Drop - metal demo. down tuning pitch shifter pedal

I play in a cover band, we do E, Eb and D tunes. And even one Drop D. We try to arrange the sets to group tunes and such so guitar changes happen at strategic points. But sometimes it is just easier and faster to use the drop.

The othe guitar player has the digits he pedal. I use a pitch effect in my zoom multifaceted, which does have fine tuning.

I agree - I prefer the real thing, but in a bar/band/pa context - you get used to it very quickly
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      I play in a cover band, we do E, Eb and D tunes. And even one Drop D.
      Just curious, do you think anybody would be bummed if you did everything in Eb (and drop Db for the one song)? If the answer is, "We do it for us because we like swapping tunings," I get it.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        Just curious, do you think anybody would be bummed if you did everything in Eb (and drop Db for the one song)? If the answer is, "We do it for us because we like swapping tunings," I get it.
        That’s exactly what my band does...Eb

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Well - not really. We like to play them in the original key because sometimes it just sounds "wrong" like playing Van Halen in E

But it's also a good excuse to swap guitars for the sake of the swap. Also - our singer would be wrecked on some songs done in another key.

But no shame or problem doing everything in Eb (Although Motley Crue, for example would sound brighter/happier then)
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

With my Eventide, I notice artifacts around - 1 1/2 steps at around - 2 1/2 it is more noticeable. Very useable but the difference can be heard.

Comment

That's been in service since it came out. It works for me, I love it as well as the fact that I have to keep 2 stage-ready guitars at a time and that's it. I use it both as a transpose pedal and an FX pedal at times. As Aceman said: in a stage environment the difference is so sublime that is nothing to worry about.

In the studio it is absolutely useful for some nice tricks, I use it for reamping sub-octave layers on a regular level.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Working...
              X