Looking at delay pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at delay pedals

So I’m building a pedal board and started off with 6 delay pedals but that quickly went down to 3 . My top three are .
    Jhs lucky cat
    Keely delay work station
    Wapler the doctor li-fi ambiance.
    More so leaning on the jhs and the wapler. I have more research todo before buying a good delay but these are what I’m looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by silvertonebetty; 02-27-2019, 09:20 PM.

Re: Looking at delay pedals

Why those?

What kind of music do you play and do you want analog, tape or digital?

Comment

Yeah - what is your point in delay? I have had up to 4 delays on a board:

1. Short metallic delay
      2. Long solo delay
      3. Delay + Reverb delay
      4. Everything else big-easy-to-see delay (VH slap, etc...)
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        Why those?

What kind of music do you play and do you want analog, tape or digital?
        I play just about anything . And because from the videos I was watching they are the three that sounded the best . The lucky cat is neat because it is switchable from digital to tape delay . I’m still kind of new to the pedals beside some boss pedals and they are just ok . Nothing really special. I do some country , a couple worship stuff , some stuff like life house

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Yeah - what is your point in delay? I have had up to 4 delays on a board:

1. Short metallic delay
          2. Long solo delay
          3. Delay + Reverb delay
          4. Everything else big-easy-to-see delay (VH slap, etc...)
          I like a long delay but one of the songs I play also requires a short delay .

Comment

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post
            I play just about anything . And because from the videos I was watching they are the three that sounded the best . The lucky cat is neat because it is switchable from digital to tape delay . I’m still kind of new to the pedals beside some boss pedals and they are just ok . Nothing really special. I do some country , a couple worship stuff , some stuff like life house

Given that I would buy a multi mode Delay to figure out what you like. Like the DD6 Or TC Flashback. After that, tell us which mode you like and how you use it etc and we can recommend more specific ones. Just IMHO.

Comment

Given that I would buy a multi mode Delay to figure out what you like. Like the DD6 Or TC Flashback. After that, tell us which mode you like and how you use it etc and we can recommend more specific ones. Just IMHO.
              I have a dd6 its actually not a vary good pedal . I dont like the multi choice . my oldvmij dd3 was better tho

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

See what i dont the dd6 is the llimited function you have its the boss blues driver and od1,ds1 all are limited in what you can do . I got spoiled by a badmonkey and you could chose your bass and treble . And allowing you to have a little more freedom

Comment

I have a dd6 its actually not a vary good pedal . I dont like the multi choice . my oldvmij dd3 was better tho
                  See what i dont the dd6 is the llimited function you have its the boss blues driver and od1,ds1 all are limited in what you can do . I got spoiled by a badmonkey and you could chose your bass and treble . And allowing you to have a little more freedom
                  Given that you said you were quite new to pedals keeping the units simple tends to be better, but it's obviously your choice

What modes of the DD-6 do you like? What makes you say that it's not a very good pedal?

I'm happy to recommend you my favorite delays but I'm trying to get information in terms of what would work for you.

Comment

Well, for a full featured dynamic delay, I go for the home team, an Andromeda. If you are looking for an actual analog delay, with beautiful warm repeats (and a cool insert jack), look at the Vapor Trail.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Given that you said you were quite new to pedals keeping the units simple tends to be better, but it's obviously your choice

What modes of the DD-6 do you like? What makes you say that it's not a very good pedal?

I'm happy to recommend you my favorite delays but I'm trying to get information in terms of what would work for you.
                      Well i have always had delay but never really tried too many of them i use the 2500ms mode .

Comment

I find the dd6 limited because you cant really shape your effect

Comment

Cool, that's helpful. For fully featured I would definitely consider the Andromeda.

With more of a focus on digital delay since it's what you seem to like more I would look into the Strymon Dig, the TC Nova and the EHX Memory Man with Hazarai (digital delay with everything, not the analog one). FTR the DD3 is my go to digital delay but you seem to appreciate more the bells and whistles the others can provide.

Comment

Cool, that's helpful. For fully featured I would definitely consider the Andromeda.

With more of a focus on digital delay since it's what you seem to like more I would look into the Strymon Dig, the TC Nova and the EHX Memory Man with Hazarai (digital delay with everything, not the analog one). FTR the DD3 is my go to digital delay but you seem to appreciate more the bells and whistles the others can provide.
                            Cool il have to check them out

Comment

The Wampler is a good choice if you want Delay and Reverb (and can use both at the same time). If you want lots of control over your delay, then I agree that the Andromeda is a good choice. You can often find the TC Nova Delays used for a good price, they are really nice units too.

The DD6 is a fine pedal, if you want a digital delay pedal. It sounds like you want more tweakability, but that doesn't make the DD6 a bad pedal, it just doesn't do what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X