My latest pedal board build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest pedal board build

Working on a new pedal board here. I finished building all the wiring for it a few weeks ago and haven’t really dug into programming it yet. Just really getting used to the settings and controls.

My last board:

My current board:

Re: My latest pedal board build

A couple more action shots:

I know it’s kind of a rack/board hybrid but my g system will run everything when done.

I really like the loops but I want the insert (H&K) preamp to be more useful so I may drop the vintage predrive in favor of switching the preamp in and out or having it switch between settings.

The H&K grandmeister has 128 settings available. Really 4 channels plus boost and some effects built in. The nova drive has 128 channels. Really it is 8 great settings going from clean boost to heavy gain. The nova drive has 18 settings but it speaks to the g system as if it is built in separate from the midi pc/cc. The G system has 200 channels but they are in banks of 100 so my midi settings will repeat after the first 100 since the other gear doesn’t use bank select messages but the effects and eq can be different.

I am playing with volume/expression pedals, trying to squeeze on on my board. I really only need one for some wah/wammy effects once in a while.

I have something planned for a built in mic stand coming too.

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of stuff! Do you bring it all to every gig?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very cool rig.

Comment

That's not a pedal board - that's a controller! Ha! You went Bob Bradshaw on us. I see what you did there.

Awesome setup.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Pretty nice setup OP -I dig it. I dig the clean and predictable rigs with clear connection points and protection.. Best way for no surprises at gigs.

if you wil accept a recommendation based on my experience, here's more adjustments I would add to this type of rig too

Insetting the 1RU connection plate slightly 1-2" and adding a strain relief bar with velcro so the cables all come off and drop to the floor together to avoid an accidental bent plug or tripping incident -especially on a a dark side stage.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Wow, that's a lot of stuff! Do you bring it all to every gig?
              The old setup I brought everywhere. The cables are all in a cable snake going to a breakout box with color coded locking plugs.

The new setup has a light 6 space rack and the head weighs 16 lbs. so it’s lighter together than the carvin head by itself by a lot. The G system is big but not that heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                Pretty nice setup OP -I dig it. I dig the clean and predictable rigs with clear connection points and protection.. Best way for no surprises at gigs.

if you wil accept a recommendation based on my experience, here's more adjustments I would add to this type of rig too

Insetting the 1RU connection plate slightly 1-2" and adding a strain relief bar with velcro so the cables all come off and drop to the floor together to avoid an accidental bent plug or tripping incident -especially on a a dark side stage.
                Yeah my old setup needs one of those. I may add a powerCON instead of the Edison plug too, I have a whole bunch.

The cables for that setup are in a cable snake I made that’s 25’ so usually I have enough to loop over the top of my amp so it doesn’t pull. All the 1/4” cables are locking so they won’t pull out.

My new setup has one Ethercon cable in front to the board and one power cable in the back and that’s it. I’m just using a regular Ethernet cable for now while I set it up since my Ethercon is 25’ and not super flexible.

Comment

Got the last couple parts for my mic stand, just need to trade my fender wah out for a fender volume pedal to finish it off. Anyway here are some pics.

I can’t recommend these Atlas stands enough, they are much nicer than any mic stand I’ve ever had.
                  For the pedalboard I am using a quick release part # Qr2 and the flange for it is Qr-2F. Full compass had to order them for me. Sweetwater didn’t seem interested when I asked them and tried to sell me a different stand.

Comment

That's a lot of classic TC Electronic units right there. Cool stuff!

Comment

That Mic mount is nice, I was thinking about doing something like that

Comment

I am digging the mic mount, too. Great idea!!
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                        X