banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ProCo vintage reissue of "The Rat" true bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ProCo vintage reissue of "The Rat" true bypass?

Hi guys.
    My question is basically the title. I'm looking at an Ebay listening for a vintage reissue of "The Rat", made in USA and I was wondering if it's true bypass.

Re: Is the ProCo vintage reissue of "The Rat" true bypass?

Yes

Comment

All Rats are True Bypass going back into the 80’s, right? Even before the TPDT stomp switch they used both poles for switching then switched the LED pretty creatively compared to the competitors, right?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        All Rats are True Bypass going back into the 80’s, right? Even before the TPDT stomp switch they used both poles for switching then switched the LED pretty creatively compared to the competitors, right?
        Yes, they definitely had some creative wiring to get the TB and light an LED with a DPDT switch, the designers were some clever dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelT24 View Post
          Hi guys.
          My question is basically the title. I'm looking at an Ebay listening for a vintage reissue of "The Rat", made in USA and I was wondering if it's true bypass.
          Was the original? Why yes it was...
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yes the older RATS used a true bypass system they developed using the DPDT switch before 3PDT switches were available, R.G. used it as the basis for what became the "Millenium Bypass" on his site, his original version copied the RAT bypass, he used to call it "RAT Bypass" (before he expanded on the idea and added to it).
            Al

Comment

I need to get a Rat. Back in the day.... (For you young whippersnappers.....) I bud of mine had a Marshall JCM 800 and a Rat pedal. I went to his house to hear his rig.... OMG... Was "the" tone..... brought me to eargasm.......
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X