banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI preset selection based on switchs and/or knobs on guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI preset selection based on switchs and/or knobs on guitar?

I like how easy it is to go from clean to crunch or crunch to lead by having two volume knobs in the guitar and just use a cranked amp that cleans up nicely when the guitar volume backs off. I would like to take it one or two steps further so midi pedals can activate/deactivate or change presets based the position of my pickup selector switch (neck = clean preset, bridge = crunch preset) or the position of a push/pull knob (rhythm /lead) or multi position swtich (bank1, bank2, etc.).

Is there any product out there that can be installed into a guitar and enable it to do such thing? I know for many people the best approach is to just buy something like a Disaster Area DMC-4 or even a boss MS-3 and just step on the desired preset but I really want to investigate pros and cons of the idea I described.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: MIDI preset selection based on switchs and/or knobs on guitar?

The Ibanez RGKP6 with Kaoss Pad was the first thing I thought of.

I personally can't handle more than a blade and couple of knobs. I used to have a lot but really don't find it useful playing live and prefer to have it at my feet.

Comment

Re: MIDI preset selection based on switchs and/or knobs on guitar?

Livid Guitar Wing looks like a good option, but it requires a computer or other USB-MIDI host.

There have been some systems for MIDI-integration for guitar controls, but they were all integrated into premade instruments and I can't think of any that are still around. Or even remember the names of them. Interesting concept, expensive and required guitars I didn't have any interest in, so unfortunately forgettable...

Comment

Working...
      X