Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa... Headrush!

Well, I did it… a couple of weeks ago I picked up one of these bad boys:

The Headrush Pedalboard... this thing is INSANE!

I’ve been spending a lot of time getting to know it during the past couple of weeks and to say that I’m impressed would be a gross understatement. So many amps, cabs, effects, and configurations that I can do pretty much anything I’d ever want and then some, but it’s also super-easy to use. Every other multi-effect pedal I’ve owned has needed to be hooked up to a computer in order to effectively tweak and explore, but this baby doesn’t need such help. Hell, they don’t even HAVE software for editing your sounds. You can do everything from the touchscreen display and 4 knobs.

So it sounds great and is easy to program, but it’s also got enough controls and features readily available that it’s actually easy to OPERATE as well while you’re playing. It’s got 12 footswitches on the face of the unit... 8 of which are completely customizable. You can work with 8 rigs, 8 stompboxes, 4 of each, or even a set list mode. Also, the ability to do scenes is awesome (you know... hit ONE button for a solo boost with some extra delay, chorus and a change in EQ and hit another one to go back).

Anyway, enough gushing for now. I just wanted to brag for a minute about my new toy!

Cheers! [emoji482][emoji450]
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Re: Whoa... Headrush!

Nice.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I just checked out a couple YouTube videos about it.
      It looks like quite the rig. A couple 100?,1000 toys in one.
      Money well spent I'd say. More than ready to rock.
      Congrats.

Comment

Damn son.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Congratulations! Whilst the interface was not for me, I did do a shootout between the Headrush, the Helix and the GT-1000 some time back, and found that I liked the basic Marshall sound in the Headrush the most.
          Last edited by Sirion; 03-12-2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

So nice!

I’ve been thinking of getting the gigboard.

If you have some time I would love to get your opinion on the models of the Princeton Reverb and the Tweed Deluxe.

Comment

Wow! Those sounded good at NAMM, but I didn't try it. I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
                Really love this unit. Awesome sounds and flexibility, a relatively small real estate on my board. Currently using it as a pre-post FX units, and as a MIDI controller.

Congrats on your purchase. Rock on!

To the OP: Congrats on your purchase. Will you be using it as a standalone unit, or also in 4CM with your amp?
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Wow! Those sounded good at NAMM, but I didn't try it. I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
                  Say, didn't you already get rid of one of those? Or am I misremembering? I am, incidentally, picking mine up today.

Comment

I did.
                    But I am building an acoustic rig now, and while it didn't work for me for the electric stuff, it might replace what I am currently using for the acoustic. I couldn't afford to hang on to it (sold it for a profit, too) when it didn't do what I wanted.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fair enough I'm playing around with mine right now. I hope they make a new dimension chorus at some point (the legacy model leaves something to be desired in my opinion), but apart from that it seems to work terrifically.

Comment

Nice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Myaccount876
                        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                          So nice!

I’ve been thinking of getting the gigboard.

If you have some time I would love to get your opinion on the models of the Princeton Reverb and the Tweed Deluxe.
                          I've been away at a conference in Phoenix all week and won't be home until Sunday night (still trying to decide whether or not to go to work Monday), so I haven't been able to play with it! [emoji22] I can give you my opinions on those, but honestly don't have any experience with the real things to be able to make a comparison. Maybe I could record and post some clips though.

Sent from my Fire HD10 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by BriGuy1968; 03-16-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                            To the OP: Congrats on your purchase. Will you be using it as a standalone unit, or also in 4CM with your amp?
                            So far I'm thinking standalone, but going into the effects return instead of the "front," bypassing the preamp and going directly into the power section. I like the idea of trying to dial in my tone in such a way that I can run it straight into the board. Watched a band a couple of nights ago where both guitarists we're playing HD500Xs, straight in, no amps, and IEMs... they sounded great and there was almost no stage clutter. The IEMs probably aren't in my near future, but limiting the coloration by bypassing the preamp gives me, essentially, a 100 watt 2x12 powered speaker that can either function as an extension of the house system or as a stage monitor.Chorus

Headrush makes a couple of full-range flat-response powered speakers (FRFR-108 & FRFR-112) that are tailored to it and pack plenty of power, but I figured I'd try it this way first. Still, they would be REALLY cool, especially in stereo...

Sent from my Fire HD10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably best to turn the cab sims off if you are running into the return of an amp and guitar speakers, that's been my experience anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X