Four-Cable Method: Reducing Clutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Four-Cable Method: Reducing Clutter

I've always just used cable ties and made my own so I really don't know what the Pedalsnake costs, quick and easy enough to put 3 guitar cables together, especially with George L's or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      I've always just used cable ties and made my own so I really don't know what the Pedalsnake costs, quick and easy enough to put 3 guitar cables together, especially with George L's or similar.
      I used to do that with zip ties until they cut through cables too many times. I've also used electrical tape to wrap cables and even have my Mesa midi cable attached to my pedal snake that way now.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
        I used to do that with zip ties until they cut through cables too many times. I've also used electrical tape to wrap cables and even have my Mesa midi cable attached to my pedal snake that way now.
        Sounds like you are over tightening the cable ties maybe?

Comment

Sounds like you are over tightening the cable ties maybe?
          Actually, I think it came from someone stepping on the zip tie, as it was a clean cut without much wear.

Comment

Weird, but yeah, I've used tape before too, electrical tape just leaves mess residue if you take it apart.

Comment

Weird, but yeah, I've used tape before too, electrical tape just leaves mess residue if you take it apart.
              Black electrical tape leaves a residue. Different colors tend to not leave a residue. Black tape is usually cheaper and they use an inferior adhesive. You can get black tape that doesn't but it's hard to find

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              -Greg

Guitars:
              2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
              2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
              2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
              Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
                Black electrical tape leaves a residue. Different colors tend to not leave a residue. Black tape is usually cheaper and they use an inferior adhesive. You can get black tape that doesn't but it's hard to find

Indeed,

Black and some White Electrical tape is designed for low temperature and pressure sensitive applications for high voltage (generally described as 40V to 600V) safety reasons and will destroy most things you care about -avoid it -if it has ASTM D3005 on the package -don't use it on instrument cables unless the Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" is your favorite record.

the Colored tape pakages (still referred to as Electrical tape) is general purpose tape without the adhesion standards and is what you should use for the stuff Devastone is speaking to.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I’m telling you, check out the stuff Pedal Python uses. One similar product would be Federal Mogul Twist Tube. No taping, some Velcro loops and a tie strap. No sticky residue, you can easily change it and it allows the cables to slide against each other while you are coiling, etc.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    I’m telling you, check out the stuff Pedal Python uses. One similar product would be Federal Mogul Twist Tube. No taping, some Velcro loops and a tie strap. No sticky residue, you can easily change it and it allows the cables to slide against each other while you are coiling, etc.
                    +1.
                    I’m 100% happy with my pedal python.

Comment

Honestly, if you don't want to make or buy a custom cable but want something sexier and more cohesive than ty wraps or electrical tape, just order a roll of 1" shrink wrap or 1/2 or 3/4" expandable tubing which should hold 3 or 4 instrument cables into one nice beautiful composite rig.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Honestly, I braid my cables and a small wrap of tape on each end so it doesn't come un-braided. Been doing it for years and never had issues.

-Greg

Guitars:
                        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          Honestly, if you don't want to make or buy a custom cable but want something sexier and more cohesive than ty wraps or electrical tape, just order a roll of 1" shrink wrap or 1/2 or 3/4" expandable tubing which should hold 3 or 4 instrument cables into one nice beautiful composite rig.

https://www.amazon.com/Polyolefin-He...cs&sr=1-3&th=1
                          I like the look of the braided cable, it would be cool if that was heat shrink too.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                            I like the look of the braided cable, it would be cool if that was heat shrink too.
                            True, One thing cool to do is shrink over the last 4" of the expandable sleeving -keeps it nice.

Comment

I just use velcro cable ties from WalMart. I bought 50 of them for about $3. I place one about every 18" around the cables. Then I just wind them up together at the end of the night. Some of the options presented here are very good though.
                              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                                True, One thing cool to do is shrink over the last 4" of the expandable sleeving -keeps it nice.
                                Unfortunately, I can't use either as the midi connectors won't fit through.

Comment

Working...
                                X