Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Four-Cable Method: Reducing Clutter

Originally posted by chadd View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't use either as the midi connectors won't fit through.
    Re-terminating Midi cables is pretty easy if you are interested and the expandable sleeving can certainly accommodate MIDI sized connectors BTW
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Perhaps Y adapters and stereo cables could eliminate some cables (though I am not familiar with the unit in question, and what sorts of cables are in question). However, I see multiple adapters in the rig as potentially more problematic than simply running four cables all the time. It's not really that much of a hassle, is it? Four cables aren't a lot IMO.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-21-2019, 11:31 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
        Perhaps Y adapters and stereo cables could eliminate some cables (though I am not familiar with the unit in question, and what sorts of cables are in question). However, I see multiple adapters in the rig as potentially more problematic than simply running four cables all the time. It's not really that much of a hassle, is it? Four cables aren't a lot IMO.
        In my case, I've been able to configure my board in several different ways by simply changing the connectors. My wireless is on my board, one cable takes the signal to the amp. Another cable has a Y connector and has the send and receive for my EFX loop. A third cable runs my power from my rack with DC power for my pedal board. The fourth cable in my pedal snake has carried my second EFX loop at times, DC power for a vocal processor at times and even the slave out of my amp for our vocalists vocal processor at other times. It's definitely overkill for a lot of people, but it works for me. I love the ability to reconfigure the whole thing at a moment's notice.

Comment

Working...
        X