Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss RV-500 and DD-500.

Hello all,
    picked both of these up to replace my Waza Analog Delay, DD-7 and RV-6 Reverb pedals. I gotta say I'm extremely happy with both of them and now the final chapter IF I should replace my Waza analog Chorus that is so damn good BUT the MD-500 is calling to me. I'm wondering if I should give in or leave well enough alone.
    I was very happy with the DD-7, killer digital delay but the Waza analog was better. Then when I got the DD-500 is was a complete game changer. Just having Midi control with my ES-8 and able to build all kinds of patches and then recall them in my ES-8's patches VIA midi is so damn good.
    Would you replace the Waza analog Chorus with the MD-500? Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_111c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	5851021

Re: Boss RV-500 and DD-500.

Unfortunately only you can answer that. Is it worth giving up true analog chorus for the ability to have almost every modulation under the sun? I’ve not played the MD-500, but it gets great reviews and the chorus is said to be top notch. (No big surprise since they are the kings of Chorus)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yeah I've been reading them , watching them etc. I can't seem to find any reason not to. The Waza Chorus analog pedal is something special and I use it often. But with the attraction of Midi control, all the other modulation effects in one box and it sounds amazing it's becoming a no brainer. I can always place the Waza Chorus on the board if the on board chorus of the MD-500 isn't exactly as good or so. But the reverb and Delay 500 pedals are crazy good and I replaced a Waza analog delay that I thought was top notch. I don't miss it at all.

Comment

I've got all three of the Boss 500 series pedals and I think the choruses in the MD-500 are as good as anything I've heard from the Boss single pedal options and infinitely more tweakable. Now that may not be your style. I definitely am not a tweak to death kind of guy, but I am pretty sure that with a little time there's no sound I can't get with the MD-500 as far as modulation goes.
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

I would get a MD-500 as long as the modulations are really stereo spread, not just wet/dry as the DD-500 seems to be. The sense of motion in a stereo setup is what really made me interested in that kind of rig. For a simpler wet/dry then I would just keep the Waza.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            I would get a MD-500 as long as the modulations are really stereo spread, not just wet/dry as the DD-500 seems to be. The sense of motion in a stereo setup is what really made me interested in that kind of rig. For a simpler wet/dry then I would just keep the Waza.
            You can swap the settings in the DD-500 from wet/dry to true stereo. Same in the MD-500

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
              You can swap the settings in the DD-500 from wet/dry to true stereo. Same in the MD-500

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
              Hey, that I did not know, I downloaded the Windows app once to check how it can be used in true stereo but all I found was wet/dry panning. Can you give me some clues on how it can be configured? I would love to try it in a store if it can really work true stereo ping pong for all the delay modes.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

When I get home from work I'll see what I can do. I may need a reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                  When I get home from work I'll see what I can do. I may need a reminder.
                  I just downloaded the configuration software for DD-500 again. In general it seems like every patch can be configured wet/dry with a paining %, however I just read the latest software allows to run one patch for the left and a different one for the right channel. Not exactly what I was thinking of but should have a wider stereo image as just the wet/dry alone. Also checked the MD-500, this one seems to be stere by default. I also double checked the prices and it is quite close to strymon that it really makes me think of buying one instead, it is still a lot of money.
                  Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                  X