banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Wondering If Seymour Duncan Made ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering If Seymour Duncan Made ...

First off :

I'm a fan of SD , they make good electronic stuff - amps ,
    pedal stomps & PU's , my guitar has a SH II & Custom III
    split coil humbuckers they are killer I love them .

But

¿ Would they ever consider a MFX Stomp pedal unit with ? :
    1. Electric Guitar FX like my T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme
    2. Amp/Cab Modeling like my T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme or the oldy but goody Digitech GNX4
    3. Acoustic guitar FX like my T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme
    4. Vocal FX like the BOSS 505 OR MY T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme
    5. Looper - multi track like the EHX9500 - BOSS RC300 - T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme TYPE LOOPERS
    6. 12VDC/120/220AC
    7. X2 input's w/XLR/TRS combo , headphone & multiple ( 1/4 & XLR ) outputs for separation of vocal/guitar
    8. 48VDC Phantom Power for condenser mics
    9. USB/USB flash storage & record on SD smartcard to record what you are playing live as does my T.C.H.VL3X
    10. Play Loops in reverse like the T.C.Helicon Ditto4 & EHX9500 - wish my T.C.H.VL3X did this but it does not

Soloing is what I'v been doing a lot lately and have a rig all set up for
    doing this off and on the grid , I do like what I have put together but
    it could be improved upon . I'm throwing a IOS system together that will
    do all I want .

The IOS system if it works out and shows durability and stability could be
    a viable solution in the long run .

Back to SD - ¿ Do ya think they might take a chance make one in the not
    to distant future ?

Today's successes like Ed Sheeran , K.T. Tunstall , and many more show a strong
    trend to do this because you can , all you need is dedication and some talent and
    you need no one else to perform with , nice and simple .

EZ :

HR
    Last edited by Hurricane; 03-24-2019, 09:48 PM.
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Re: Just Wondering If Seymour Duncan Made ...

Possibly? You can suggest it at the SDRL site.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Possibly? You can suggest it at the SDRL site.

¿ Do I have to register/sign up to be able to participate ?

EZ :

HR
      It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Yes, I think you do.

Comment

Thanks - done

EZ :

HR

Comment

Maybe you just need to put a SD sticker on your T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme? It sounds like you already have what you want, you just want someone else to make it(?).

Seriously, TC has been in the digital multi-effects market since I was young, so, a long time. It doesn't really seem like SD's focus, not to mention it costs a lot to put together an engineering team to focus on something like that. Not saying it's not in their plans, but it doesn't seem to be a fit for them.

Comment

Well, the new Dark Sun is sort of a multi- it has reverb and delay with a ton of possibility

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                Maybe you just need to put a SD sticker on your T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme? It sounds
                like you already have what you want, you just want someone else to make it(?).

Seriously, TC has been in the digital multi-effects market since I was young, so, a long time.
                It doesn't really seem like SD's focus, not to mention it costs a lot to put together an engineering
                team to focus on something like that. Not saying it's not in their plans, but it doesn't seem to be a
                fit for them.

As I mentioned the other loopers like the EHX9500 , it has a reverse play the T.C.H.VL3X does not .

The BOSS RC300 can play 3 tracks at once but the T.C.H.VL3C isn't built to do 3 loops like the RC300
                although it is a super creative tool and I'm not complaining . EHX9500 has 6 that you can zip in and out of .

The T.C.H.VL3X has a really strong electric guitar FX section while the RC300 and EHX9500 aren't
                as robust .

Sure I like what I have with state of the art vocal & guitar FX but , it still has it's limits and could be
                improved IMHO .

What matters is when people discuss the ideas and potentials , that's how reverbs , delays and all
                the other great electric guitar maginations begin/began to take some kind of tangible form .

Boomerang is cool & the lower price Ditto 4 have the reverse sound but they didn't put it in the T.C.H.VL3X

The BOSS RC505 has 5 tracks and great vocal FX but , it's a desk top hand operated unit built mostly
                for vocalist and not guitarists . There are others like it that DJ types like although not limited too , like
                the Push2 , Machine etcetera .

Mobias software looper does 8 tracks but you need a computer/laptop .

There has got to be one somewhere with what I want right now in the works about to pop betcha
                I just know/feel it .

EZ :

HR

Comment

I've been listening and watching what's out there - I really like what I see but really
                  don't want to make it .

EZ :

HR

Comment

This guy is really good . Watching him I learned of Mobias .

EZ :

HR

Comment

I use 2 Echoplex Digital Pros for looping. I've been looping stuff for almost 40 years, though, starting with reel-to-reel tape decks. I don't really 'get' the build a song from the ground up-style of looping. I might do that to test an arrangement, but man, it isn't interesting to watch or hear to me. Since I have other needs in a looper, I want ways to manipulate the loop once it is finished, and features like clicks, quantizing, rhythm, aren't useful to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X