X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeremy
    replied
    Re: Favorite Dual OD/Distortion Pedal?

i tend to use my deluxe reverb 90% of the time and swapping guitars doesnt seem to necessitate setting changes much. almost all my guitars have more vintage style pups which may help but even strat to lp, the same settings sound good

Leave a comment:

• vegetablejoe
    replied

VS-XO for blues jams... KOT when I wanna be finicky about tone.

The Blackstone sounded fantastic, but hard to re-dial in after swapping guitars, amps.
    Last edited by vegetablejoe; 04-11-2019, 02:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

yes. mini dual triodes, not 12ax7s. the different pedals use different tubes, cant recall what off the top of my head

Leave a comment:

• SweetClyde99
    replied

The tubes in the Seymour Duncan pedals are some kind of military-grade sub-miniature tubes, right? Not your typical 12AX7s?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
    16 volts though? Could I run it at 18v or 12v?

Also maybe I'm being deceived by the name, but do these twin tube pedals have pre-amp tubes in them or is it just a play on the tubescreamer name
    i dont think they are designed to run at other voltages. there are actual tubes inside the duncan pedals running at real plate voltages

Leave a comment:

• SAguitar
    replied

It's been said already, but for a side-by-side overdrive/distortion, the good ol' Jekyll & Hyde covers a lot of ground.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

The TT pedals do have tubes in them. And they don't run "starved plate".

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    Favorite Dual OD/Distortion Pedal?

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post

Also maybe I'm being deceived by the name, but do these twin tube pedals have pre-amp tubes in them or is it just a play on the tubescreamer name
    Not sure about the twin tube but the Blackstar HT Dual does have a preamp tube.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

I think the only dual pedal I have is the Ibanez Jemini

Leave a comment:

• rainsong86
    replied

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    i have one of those too and while its cool and i think the eq is easier to share with this one, i prefer the ttc over the ttb. im sure others would prefer this one though

Leave a comment:

• rainsong86
    replied

I like it how the truetone has in/out for both sides

Leave a comment:

• Condemned soul
    replied

Here are two pedals that don't come up very often.
    Both from Turetone, the XO VSO overdrive and the Jekyll and Hyde distortion.

Bought a Jekyll and Hyde and realized that I was using it more as a boost and OD so I traded it in for the XO VSO.

The XO-VSO's left side is a transparent OD which also makes a good boost.
    Its right side has more compression and gain. Also, both channels allow you to cut the bass.
    Both sides stack nicely.
    Also, the pedal has external in / out jacks for each channel and they can be used separately.

Really like the pedal, yet I'm more comfortable with my older FD2 regularly use it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SweetClyde99
    replied

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    The HT-Dual also needs its own specific supply. Iirc, it’s 16V. The metal version must be pulling more juice if it needs 22v.
    I think it depends when it was made and that Blackstar switched all their tube pedals to 22V at some point. My HT Dual is older and has the 16v AC adapter. My HT Dist is newer and has a 22v adapter—it also has a soft foot switch, though i bought it used used so that may not be stock. The HT Metal was a later pedal, so those may all be 22V.

Leave a comment:

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied

Boss Drive Zone (discontinued):

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

i have one of those too and while its cool and i think the eq is easier to share with this one, i prefer the ttc over the ttb. im sure others would prefer this one though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X