Truetone CCS7 or Voodoo Lab pedal power 2+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetone CCS7 or Voodoo Lab pedal power 2+

I have the chance to get one of those power supplies to power my pedalboard. Reviews are all good. No complain at all but all users have been started using daisy chains and after noisy experiences with their rigs bought a CS7 or a voodoo lab. in this condition it's easy to assure that those power supplies are deadly quite. In a couple of cases users experience noise coming from the truetone. the problem is i want a good power supply but don't want waste money and time. In your experience a CS7 worth the voodoo lab?

Re: Truetone CCS7 or Voodoo Lab pedal power 2+

Haven’t compared directly, but I have the Truetone CS12, and I’m very happy with it - silent operation, without any signal noise or transformer hum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      Haven’t compared directly, but I have the Truetone CS12, and I’m very happy with it - silent operation, without any signal noise or transformer hum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Same here. I haven’t used the Voodoo stuff, but some friends have. It is a great unit also.
      I went with the Trutone for a couple of reasons instead of the Voodoo. I have no regrets. It works perfectly.

Comment

Voodoo lab is a pro stuff. And it's a secure bet. Every review states that it's the best of the best. But I am not a pro (unfortunately ) and the True Tone CS7 seems comparable. I find out a good deal for a second hand CS7 in really good shape for half a price of a new voodoo lab. And your answers clarify some doubts and support my decision. My pedalboard is not huge. At moment it's a palmer pedal bay 40 with 5 pedals (TU3 - GTOD - CE5 - Little Alligator - Flashback 2). I want to add a distortion pedal (Rat or Custom Badass Distortion or Boneshaker) and probably a wah.

Comment

No experience with Truetone. Voodoo is good.

Strymon Ojai is the quietest for digital pedals that I've tested.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I’d be happy with either.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a Voodoo Pedal Power Mondo under my board, and longcat has a Pedal Power 2 Plus under hers.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Had a Voodoo lab supply bite the dust but that's not a knock on the brand at all. It happens to the best of things. I ultimately replaced it with a Truetone CS12. It's dead quiet.

Comment

I'm good with the Truetone power supplies!
                  "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

i have two voodoo and think they are great, nothing bad to say about them. clean, quiet power with zero issues. my pp2 ive had for at least 10 years with zero issues

Comment

Ended up with a True Tone CS12. versatile and quiet. at the moment I am happy with it. thanks to all of you

Comment

Working...
                      X