Buffer is here ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer is here ...

Adds alot of top end detail, does make a difference.

Re: Buffer is here ...

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Adds alot of top end detail, does make a difference.
    Agreed, I use a transparent OD like an Xotic AC/ EP or Klone for the similar effect/buffer matching effect.

but I would caution some interested that putting a clean buffer/ transparent OD etc at the front of your chain can add detail and clarity that isn't always preferred for some music styles or who like to sit in the mix more -it will also expose a player for his sloppiness - There's no hiding if you buffer and clean boost first.

Also, depending on the buffer and pick ups in the guitar -it can really change the way your sounds and playing interact.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Buffers are great and can be mega-useful! The go-to pedal when I am reamping guitars is the Bogner Uberschall; I often set it as a unity gain pass-through, but I love the end results I get when using it as part of the gain stack.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It can add un-wanted noise with other boost pedals if you turn the buffer up too much.
        The change in impedance allows me to turn down the levels on my ovrdrive pedals but still get plenty of Umph ...

Comment

What is your chain? Do you always begin with the wireless?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            What is your chain? Do you always begin with the wireless?
            Yes.
            Chain is : G50 > tuner > buffer > wah > phase 90 > OFA boost > modded TS-9 > 6 band EQ > ISP gate > TC Chorus/Flange >>>>> front of amp.
            Loop is : TC verb > Delay > Analog.man Chorus.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              The go-to pedal when I am reamping guitars is the Bogner Uberschall.
              Using a Bogner Uberschall as a buffer is kinda like using a Lamborghini to deliver pizza. I love it.

Comment

Working...
              X