How do I wire a mid control in a Big Muff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I wire a mid control in a Big Muff

Where does the resistor go in relation to the lugs on the pot and where do the lugs connect to? The following is the instructions for the mod but doesn’t fully explain it to the layman like myself.

“Replace C1 with a 22n cap
    Replace R2 with a 22k to 25k potmeter (wired as a variable resistor) with a 1k resistor wired in series.”
    Last edited by alex73013; 04-28-2019, 06:36 AM.

Re: How do I wire a mid control in a Big Muff

Do you have a picture of the schematic, with all locations labeled? That would make this a lot easier.

Otherwise, put the 1k resistor where the signal was going into R2, then connect the other leg of the 1k resistor to one of the other lugs on the 25k pot. Connect the middle lug of the pot to where the other leg of R2 was connected. If that doesn't work, try connecting the 1k resistor to a different lug on the pot. Repeat until it does what it's supposed to.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

What do I do with the unused lug? Does it need to connect to the back of the pot?

Comment

I know that makes it work as a volume control in a guitar. What happens if you leave it open?

Try it, see if it works. If not, try something different. That's how most of these mods came to be.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by alex73013 View Post
          What do I do with the unused lug? Does it need to connect to the back of the pot?
          Leave it unconnected.

Comment

Working...
          X