Impulse Buy - AMT E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse Buy - AMT E2

whoops...retail therapy to the rescue, right?

we'll see how it sounds. lord knows I'll never get a real engl cause I don't drop that kinda cash on amps.

I've been curious about these pedals for years - in clips I like the B-2, C-2, and E-2. P2 isn't bad either. They aren't all terribly different in vid clips but the E-2 does jump out at me as sounding like the engl style plugins I've used. I didn't think the cornford was a high gain amp, so that one surprised me.

(NecroPolo's endorsement of AMT pedals I read the other day didn't hurt either)

Click image for larger version

Name:	e-2 pedal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5851355
    Last edited by DankStar; 05-02-2019, 10:29 PM.

Re: Impulse Buy - AMT E2

I have a P2 and have used the D2 and C2, cool preamps. THe C2 was a little dark for me. They would be 10X cooler if they had concentric knobs so you could adjust the clean channel EQ, but I understand that's not their main selling point. I've used some of their tube preamps and the SS-30, great stuff!
    Last edited by devastone; 05-03-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Those are cool circuits. I've had my eye on the S1/S2 for a while. Has anyone put together a board with the R2 and D2?

Comment

The S2 is cool, I've had one of those pass through too, that may be my favorite, either that or the P2 of the ones I've tried (off the top of my head I haven't tried the E2, R2, M2, Vt2). If I saw those for good deals used I was grabbing them for a while just to try them out, especially when I was using a pedalboard.

Dankstar let us know what you think when you get some playing time on the E2.
        Last edited by devastone; 05-03-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Will do. Nice to see info about the other varieties.

Comment

Depending on how I like it, I’ll prob look into an R2 to have a darker option. I heard a clip of it boosted with a TS and it sounded pretty dead on.

Comment

I had the E1 for a while, it's balls out!
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                I had the E1 for a while, it's balls out!
                Yeah, that’s pretty much what I wanted. I’ve got a ton of Marshall tones covered but wanted something “modern” for when I want to unleash some crazy metal.

Comment

Ugh, signature required. Now I have to pick up at post office after a failed delivery attempt.

Comment

These kind of pedals are best served straight into a fx loop return/power amp in, right?
                    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                      These kind of pedals are best served straight into a fx loop return/power amp in, right?
                      Apparently the “2” series can output to a mixer/interface, a power amp, and/or to the front of an amp (simultaneously, if you want).
                      Last edited by DankStar; 05-06-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Mate I'm happy to give some info that you could find useful. That was the whole point. I hope you'll like the E2.

It is cool to have Mr. devastone around this thread as he was the guy who recommended me AMT on the first place. It was like, 10 years ago? That's been a hell of a journey in a good mean, these pedals simplified so many things to me. Thanks mate! One of the best advices I've ever got.

Just a side note, I had a series of #1 preamps, they worked like clockwork and had no reason to check the #2 series until recently (I had a great deal on a M2) and I think it was seriously improved. Compared to the M1 it has significantly less hiss, clean boost, amp input compensated out and I think the cab sim was improved, too. I'm absolutely impressed.

Last edited by NecroPolo; 05-07-2019, 04:45 AM.
                        Wackor
                        Ørdøg
                        NecroPolo
                        Diabolus in Musica
                        SIDrip Alliance
                        Book of Shadows
                        RKH

Comment

AMT is an interesting company. I have the WH-1 wah. Best wah-wah I've ever used. I notice they dropped the "Japanese Girl" moniker from the name.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                            AMT is an interesting company. I have the WH-1 wah. Best wah-wah I've ever used. I notice they dropped the "Japanese Girl" moniker from the name.
                            It takes a while for the PC police to track down Russians.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X