Deep Blue Delay tone suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Blue Delay tone suck?

I thought I would try a new analog delay to replace my carbon copy. I thought the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay would be perfect. Many people give glowing reviews of this pedal including Dan Hawkins (the Darkness), Matt Schofield and Dave Grissom. It’s supposed to be perfect in front of an amp.
    Anyway I took the plunge and was quite happy with the delay sound, but I noticed my tone changed in bypass mode. I did some recordings and it did seem like my tone was weaker going through the pedal in bypass.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

I’m sticking with my Carbon Copy.

Re: Deep Blue Delay tone suck?

I have never played that particular pedal but I will say the bypass sound of any pedal is critical to me and a lot of them fall short imo.

Comment

You’re right there. When pro guitarists endorse a product it gives you a high expectation. Apparently Dan Hawkins tried over 100 delay pedals before settling on this one. But hey one mans meat is another mans poison.

Comment

Interesting. I thought that pedal was true bypass as in no signal running through the circuitry when switched off ... input routed direct to output. Maybe not.

Comment

Working...
        X