Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally! Got an OD pedal worth a damn

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    A friend of mine has an ERD. It's great. We have compared it with my TS808 and my old Maxon OD808 and OD9. It's closer to the Maxon in that it's less creamy and more transparent than the Ibanez. It seems to have a hair less output volume too.
    Those differences should be due to only parts tolerance, The circuit in the ERD is purely just a TS808. There are no values inside it that are different at all.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Yep, just another 808 but the ERD is kinda underestimated TS pedal. They are cheap compared with a lot of other TS clones & very easily modded!!!!

Speaking of which, I’ve got some pretty great mods for the East River if you’re interested??? I modded the one that I own so it has essentially the same tone & gain levels but a much lower noise floor....
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Gosh I forgot about this thread lol.
        Yes it is a ts808, and it sounds extremely similar. More like a maxon Than the ibby

It gets this Marshall "there", I think for me, I've been a distortion pedal thru a clean channel guy all my life, and so my ears tend to listen for those nuances, and tonal qualities.

Tube driven OD channels always sound mushy and muddy to me, (except the 6505) but now I've finally got a tone that I can like. And I do really like it. Thanks EHX for kicking my Marshall in the face the way I like it.
        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 05-09-2019, 07:30 AM.
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          Those differences should be due to only parts tolerance, The circuit in the ERD is purely just a TS808. There are no values inside it that are different at all.
          I have read it's a clone too, but how come a big company like EHX just offer a part-for-part clone and not get into any legal issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            I have read it's a clone too, but how come a big company like EHX just offer a part-for-part clone and not get into any legal issues?
            Because it's in an EHX Enclosure and says Electro-Harmonix on it. The circuit can be widely used anywhere as it's not something that can be trademarked or copyrighted. Now, had they put it in a green enclosure just like Ibanez, then they'd have a potential problem on their hands. Just as Behringer about that when they released some new pedals some 10-15 years ago at a German NAMM style show with enclosures just like Boss, down to the color and fonts.

Comment

Working...
            X