Andromeda Delay Faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andromeda Delay Faulty

Today, I tried to connect my Andromeda to my PC to check that the firmware was up to date. During the process the software went into recovery mode and then just sat there. Now the pedal doesn't even switch on. I've tried to manually reset the pedal using the little switch next to the MIDI port (a switch that isn't particularly good) and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Andromeda Delay Faulty

Hmm, I don't own one of these, (or any of the digital pedals), but I'd be curious to know the answer.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. First, double check that the switch is actuated - you should feel a noticeable click if it is, I recommend an un-bent paper clip. You may need to restart your computer, and power-cycle the pedal.

If that still doesn't work, contact customer service. They can set you up with an RMA.

Hope you get it worked out!

Comment

Note to self...
        Do not attempt to update firmware on my Andromeda. (Or Silver Lake)

Comment

To be fair, I haven't seen any other issues on other forums with updating SD's digital pedals.

Comment

Yeah, I was just making a (not so funny) joke. When I first got my Duncan pedals I updated both of them and I have had zero issues so far.

Comment

Ok, so I finally got around to having another look. The small button for resetting doesn't give a nice satisfying feeling when you press it, I may well have damaged it when I was tryingt o get it to work. However, when connecting up today I initially got a connection, that was then lost. Powering up the pedal, connecting the USB then opening the Seymour Duncan program finally gave me a good connection and it went immediately into Recovery Mode. It then recovered the pedal and updated the firmware and all appears to be good. I haven't had chance to plug in and play it again yet. Off the back of this I was also able to connect up the Silver Lake and update the firmware on that with no issues. It does seem to make a difference if you open up the SD program before or after connecting the pedal to your PC.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Whew! Happy those are now working for you, and hopefully this will help some others with the same issue.

Comment

How did you finally get power back on it so you could update it? My silver lake is dead and won’t do anything. The computer won’t even recognize it.

Comment

How did you finally get power back on it so you could update it? My silver lake is dead and won’t do anything. The computer won’t even recognize it.

Comment

I had the same issue with my silver lake. It was dead. No power. That seems to have been recovery mode. My cable for connecting to my computer was possibly too thin. It would work for a phone but not for my silver lake. I found a thicker usb cable and it came right on when connecting. Apparently it was the cable all along. If you have several cables try one until it works. My thicker guage usb cable worked and it came right on when I used it.

Comment

Working...
                      X