Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Pedal Day (Rangemaster Clone)

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
    Just out of interest, what transistors did you use for you PNP build?
    I honestly can't remember which transistors I used. I'll have to look. I think the last one I did might be PNP and the first one NPN. I'll have to look when I have time. They are in a box in the closet.

Comment

You need to use a transistor with low leakage to minimize hiss but regardless, the Rangemasters will introduce some hiss. I have some Russian transistors (PNP's) that are very, very low leakage and within the perfect gain ranges for Rangemaster circuits. There is still some hiss in the circuit. Nature of the beast.

It's cool that he's not a big fan but I sent Mincer one to check out a while back. Mincer, if you're still checking this thread ... if you aren't using the pedal, maybe you can send it out to someone else who may want to give it a try?
      Last edited by Darg1911; 07-12-2019, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
        You need to use a transistor with low leakage to minimize hiss but regardless, the Rangemasters will introduce some hiss. I have some Russian transistors (PNP's) that are very, very low leakage and within the perfect gain ranges for Rangemaster circuits. There is still some hiss in the circuit. Nature of the beast.

It's cool that he's not a big fan but I sent Mincer one to check out a while back. Mincer, if you're still checking this thread ... if you aren't using the pedal, maybe you can send it out to someone else who may want to give it a try?
        It is the nature of the beast. You can't stop, only hope to contain it. The hiss that is with adequate power filtering, correct component selection and an transistor that meets the ideal specifications i.e. gain and leakage.

Comment

Working...
        X