Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini wah pedal advice

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
    I have a boss TU-3. I have always thought that the best place for the tuner was the first in chain. I have the delay as last in line. what about the degradation of the signal through the chain?
    What does your signal chain look like now and how many pedals?

There's certainly nothing wrong with the tuner being first. It's really preference to be honest. But since it mutes too, why not use it to mute the whole board?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      What does your signal chain look like now and how many pedals?

There's certainly nothing wrong with the tuner being first. It's really preference to be honest. But since it mutes too, why not use it to mute the whole board?
      Tu3, mxr GT-OD, mxr Super badass distortion, TC electronic mini spark, Boss CE-5, TC electronic flashback 2. And I want to add the wah, mini because of the reduced space available on the pedalboard. Nothing wrong with the tuner at the end. My concern is to give the tu3 the best and clear signal in order to have the tuner working properly

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
        Tu3, mxr GT-OD, mxr Super badass distortion, TC electronic mini spark, Boss CE-5, TC electronic flashback 2. And I want to add the wah, mini because of the reduced space available on the pedalboard. Nothing wrong with the tuner at the end. My concern is to give the tu3 the best and clear signal in order to have the tuner working properly
        OK, gotcha. It would be fine keeping it that way. The TU-3 is pretty accurate. If the distortion and OD are off, shouldn't be a problem with it at the end though the delay might throw it off. If you like it at the front, leave it there.

Comment

I always kept the tuner at the beginning.
          I felt that if I accidentally left a chorus pedal or flanger on, and the tuner was after that pedal it wouldn’t read accurately.

Comment

I have the Crybaby Mini on my mini-board and it 's fabulous. As PFDarkside said earlier, Dunlop should make a full size version of it. I think it sounds better than most of their full size line of wahs.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
              I always kept the tuner at the beginning.
              I felt that if I accidentally left a chorus pedal or flanger on, and the tuner was after that pedal it wouldn’t read accurately.
              That's the reason why I prefer the tuner at the very beginning of the chain. But if I have no loss in accuracy I'll try to put it at the end. With the wah first.

Comment

Ok. Mini cry baby is in my board. I tried a couple of configuration, one with the tuner first and one with the tuner at the end. I prefer the tuner in the first position. I have no problem with the wah. So I guess I am happy at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15654528992881477272198105162916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	5816708

In future I want to swap super badass with a riot. Do you think guys a touch of red is necessary on the board?

Comment

Looks like room for three more...
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    Looks like room for three more...
                    Really ???

still a lot to explore with this set-up. At the moment don't know which effect add to the pedalboard. maybe a reverb...

Comment

There’s room for a Phase 95 on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This being the Internet, someone will come down on me like a ton of lava if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Cantrell wah (I have the latest whale tattoo edition because I have a weakness for whale tattoos) was buffered.

Was I misled?

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        I like the push and go of the Morley but prefer the tone of the Dunlop. My Wah of choice these days is the Jerry Cantrell model. True bypass and an adjustable sweep control.

Put the tuner at the end of the pedalboard. That way when you mute to tune, the entire pedalboard is muted. If it has a buffered bypassed, such as the Boss pedal tuners, that's the perfect spot for it. Crybaby always first but don't be afraid to try different spots.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                        Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                        Originally posted by metalmachine
                        dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkstained View Post
                          This being the Internet, someone will come down on me like a ton of lava if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Cantrell wah (I have the latest whale tattoo edition because I have a weakness for whale tattoos) was buffered.

Was I misled?
                          This might help

Comment

Working...
                          X