EHX Green Russian or Keely Rottern Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Green Russian or Keely Rottern Apple

Which would you go with and why? I have a way huge swolen pickle and while its pretty good it also has so many controls that it detracts from it a little bit

Re: EHX Green Russian or Keely Rottern Apple

Bump

Comment

The green Russian is fantastic, way better than my old 90s sovtek model was. My bass player stole mine because it sounds fantastic on bass. The other guitar player in my band used a pickle until he went to kemper, I always liked that one too.

Comment

I had a Sovtek green Big Muff Pi. I hated it. Doesn’t have the smooth tone that my triangle muff had. I also didn’t like it on bass.

I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it. Was still in the wooden crate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if it was me, id get the keeley. he makes great stuff but also the eq switch is a nice feature to have

Comment

For me, the Sovtek Green Russian late 80s early 90s Russian made BMP is a cool pedal for recording, but I get tired of it for long term use as a go to "sound" unless I was in Fu Manchu cover band.

I own 2, and they go for 500-800 bucks now -which is absurd. I needed a new LED and knobs last year and EHX told me they could not get those parts anymore, so I found a guy in Moscow selling them.

Never used a Keely, but there are so many fuzz clones on the market that are more powerful, more versatile, and a better value for what the Russian BMP gets you for what you're going to bay for it.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
              I had a Sovtek green Big Muff Pi. I hated it. Doesn’t have the smooth tone that my triangle muff had. I also didn’t like it on bass.

I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it. Was still in the wooden crate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Mine sat in the box for 15 years and i sold it for a few hundred bucks. My go to fuzz now is a stomp under foot civil war fuzz.

Comment

Thx for replies, always thought the keeley had a tube element in the tone

Comment

I bought a Green Russian in the mid-2000s for ~$80, and used it occasionally. I sold it last summer for $220 in well-used condition after it sat in a box in my closet for the better part of a decade. I don't have a 'Muff currently, but I'll get my hands on a JHS Muffuletta at some point.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                  X