Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe.

Hello anyone have one of these?
    I picked one up about a month ago or so and have been using it ever since. Probably known by anyone who buys their pedals these things are amazing. I've used other brand amp in a box style pedals but I don't think anyone gets it so right like Wampler does. Wow are they good.
    The Plexiglas Drive has this forward mid range thing just like an old Plexi. The response out of the pots are simply awesome. You can really dial in some wonderful classic Marshall tones.
    I also have the Triple Wreck and that pedal is just as good as the Plexi for pulling off Mesa tones.
    We live in wonderful times I think. Having so many different options for tools and being about to buy a pedal and have it sound damn near just like the real thing is crazy.

Re: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe.

I agree, Wampler’s amp in a box pedals are great. I like how the Plexidrive Deluxe and Pinnacle Deluxe use an integrated Tube Screamer for a boost, just like people typically do with Marshall style amps.

I’m definitely a Wampler fanboy, I’ve got the Pinnacle, Pinnacle Deluxe, Plexidrive Deluxe, Thirty Something (AC30 style), Triple Wreck and Catapulp (Orange style). All are great at turning my clean amps into a flavor of the other styles. For a long time the standard Pinnacle has been my main distortion pedal when I use a Fender amp.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Also, the Velvet Fuzz could be described as a boost into a Plexidrive, so experiment with a full range boost to push it into fuzz territory.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I humbly concur, have a PlexiDrive, Plextortion, Clarksdale, Catapulp, Euphoria, and a Pantheon, love 'em all!

Comment

That seems to the Wampler thing right now; the whole Tube Screamer-based boost thing.

Comment

got the plexi,ephoria,tape echo,velvet fuzz and thinking about the decibel plus. on the subject of plexi i was at guitar center and some guy was looking at a used one .told him it really gave my fender amp a great marshal crunch sound . he brought it over to a fender blues jr. and played some nice blues stuff for about 4 minutes. then he clicked on the plexi and everyone stoped playing and damed near everyone in the guitar section was looking at were the amasing tone was coming from. I have other brand pedals i like but when it comes to the plexi its number one.

Comment

Originally posted by mplsbender View Post
              got the plexi,ephoria,tape echo,velvet fuzz and thinking about the decibel plus. on the subject of plexi i was at guitar center and some guy was looking at a used one .told him it really gave my fender amp a great marshal crunch sound . he brought it over to a fender blues jr. and played some nice blues stuff for about 4 minutes. then he clicked on the plexi and everyone stoped playing and damed near everyone in the guitar section was looking at were the amasing tone was coming from. I have other brand pedals i like but when it comes to the plexi its number one.
              Of course the Tumnus is pretty incredible as well

Comment

Working...
              X