NPD EHX Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD EHX Canyon

I got an Electroharmonix Canyon this week to finally replace my Carbon Copy, which I loved everything about. Except for the clipping when I put it in my line-level loop. In fact, it's slightly smaller than the CC, so the pedal board doesn't need any real adjustment.

For those of you unfamiliar, it has digital delay, reverb, analog delay, tape delay, a shimmer mode I have yet to try, and secondary modes to tweak modulation depth, tape distortion, etc. The shimmer mode "creates a shimmer effect, generating a rich octave-shifted wash of harmony with your guitar." Sounds like I should give that a shot.

I know this thing has a million options, but the Deluxe Memory Man mode is so good, I hardly even want to try anything else. The built-in looper is a nice feature too, but since I'd want to use that for leads and leads need echo, it kind of defeats the purpose. It works as well as my TC Electronic Ditto in that regard. But I'll keep the Ditto for what I just described.

I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do, but so far I'm extremely impressed, and I think it competes with pedals multiple times its price.

Re: NPD EHX Canyon

Very nice, I tried the EHX Canyon before, nice pedal. Congrats.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Re: NPD EHX Canyon

Congrats!
      I am just a noob, but I love me some modulated delay/reverb.
      Have fun with it!
      "Eventually there will be a beautiful statue there, I just have to chip away" -Satriani

Comment

Working...
      X