Shure wireless firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shure wireless firmware update

I’m on vacation from work this coming week and I thought it would be a great opportunity to update my digital pedals and generally get some things done around the house that I’ve been putting off....both guitar/music related and general home upkeep.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, I updated the firmware on my 2 Duncan pedals (Andromeda/Silver Lake). I also attempted to update the firmware on my Shure GLDX16 wireless guitar system. According to their updater, there were 3 updates needed for the receiver and none for the transmitter.
    So, I updated the receiver and now the transmitter and receiver won’t connect to one another.
    I pulled out the manual and tried everything suggested to remedy the situation. Up to and including factory resets on both units.
    I’ve emailed customer support but I’m probably not going to hear back until Monday or Tuesday.

Has anybody else run into this issue? And what was the fix?

Re: Shure wireless firmware update

Update....
    I figured out what I did wrong.
    When I connected the receiver to my computer the new firmware was downloaded (I guess automatically? I don’t recall specifically dL-ing it. Maybe I did and just don’t remember). All I had to do was install it.
    Then when I connected the transmitter, I neglected to download the latest firmware. Therefore it was showing as nothing there to install.
    I went into the Shure archives and sure enough there were several newer firmware versions. I dL-ed the newest version and installed it and all was once again well.

Comment

glad it was a simple fix

Comment

Yeh... my own mistake/ignorance

Comment

Working...
        X